co-worker backing off?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

co-worker backing off?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pajkoska
    Participant
    May 13, 2015 at 1:11 pm #78840
    co-worker backing off?

This guy at work was friendly with me and we would smile at each other and he always seemed happy to see me. We work in different departments so I dont see him too often. I went to my job in my street clothes with my boyfriend and saw the guy and said hi to him and he was really excited about my street clothes and blushing. He noticed i was with a guy and backed off, I said goodbye and he said bye and smiled. the next time at work he said I looked all cute in my civilian clothes and asked who the guy i was with was. i was straight forward and said he was my boyfriend. he told me he was a good looking guy and i said yeah i guess and he disappeared. he smiled and blushed the next day at work but now he won’t even look at me. he came into work in his street clothes to get his schedule im assuming and walked right passed me without even looking at me. i dont want anyone at work to feel uncomfortable and i’m afraid he feels stupid or something.

pajkoska
    Participant
    May 13, 2015 at 1:16 pm #78841

I want a chance to talk to him but i am always busy with customers and he disappears so quickly. he is attractive and to be honest i would love to have a fling with him as bad as that sounds. do you think he is backing off because i am in a relationship? what should i do?

petera24
    Participant
    May 13, 2015 at 8:36 pm #78966

The guy is definitely backing off because you are in a relationship. I respect guys that act that way because there are a lot of guys who are okay with jumping around. I am sure he likes you that is why he would stop talking to you. He doesn’t want to be the other guy. Having a fling with him does sound bad. How about this, leave you current boyfriend?

pajkoska
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 9:37 am #79221

would it be weird if i just gave him my phone number?

MissAverage
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 2:17 pm #79301

He’s being respectful, it’s probably because he does have feelings for you. Would you want to lead him on, by giving him your number you might be giving him the wrong idea.

nayf82
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 5:19 pm #79339

What about your boyfriend? If you dont love him maybe you should leave him. Having said that you could try to have conversations with this new guy and suss it out some more, giving him your number might give the wrong impression if this new guy has a conscience and knows you have a boyfriend.