Co worker hotel night ended badly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

stereotypical11
    Participant
    January 30, 2016 at 3:04 pm #92474

So we’ve worked together closely for nearly a year, there is definatly chemistry and he initiated the messaging as we continued to sext be failed to mention he had a girlfriend.

This continued for several months where he would get jealous over me talking to other guys, up until the Christmas party where I had a hotel room we both got extremely drunk and he ended up coming back to my hotel room, we talked about a work affair he’d previously had cheating on his current partner which he didn’t tell me I found out from other colleuges.

We didn’t sleep together he told me how much he loved his partner and he was going to get engaged as he undressed me, we kissed then he put me to bed and left. He even missed his train and had to spend a lot of money on a taxi home.

Ever since it has been awkward between us and he acts differently, yesterday I found out he got engaged over Christmas. But he still gets jealous over me with other guys I’ve told him how I feel but he just avoids the subject or doesn’t reply.

I know I’m in the wrong as he has a partner but it’s not just sexual.
    Any advice would be great thanks.

notsoyounglove
    notsoyounglove
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm #92800

My first reaction was to tell you to quit your job, Getting away from an emotional, sticky situation would probably be best for your mental health. That would also be the easy way out. You should not have to change your career, or life because of this. Since the relationship has not gotten sexual, I would strongly suggest to keep it like that, especially from your end. The only thing I can think of doing, and to me seems like the only way to win in this situation, would be to move on and improve YOU. It doesn’t have to be overnight, but I would start making changes in your life that move you forward and closer to becoming a better you. These changes will have huge effects on your outlook on life, and many people will also notice these changes. This will also spark the interest of your co-worker as well as other people who you might not have even thought about before.

notsoyounglove
    notsoyounglove
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 1:32 pm #92801

Creating better habits, finding cool hobbies, or getting involved in charities and local organizations will get you out meeting people with similar interests. Even if this doesn’t help the situation at work, and he doesn’t confess his undying love for you, you will have made changes in your life for the better and this whole situation at work might not even effect you anymore because your life is so much better without it. Either way, I know everything will work out I for the best. A mantra I have used for many years, that has gotten me through a lot of hard times and I feel will help you through this is, “Everything that happens to me, is the best thing that can happen to me.” Just because it doesn’t seem like what is happening today is the best thing, it could be the door to something even better for you down the road.