Coffee date with someone online?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cutiepie91
    Participant
    December 15, 2015 at 11:59 pm #90101

So I had a coffee date last night with the guy I talked to online. The date lasted about 1 and half hour and I thought it went well. In the end, he walk me to my car and gave me a side hug and said keep in touch. I texted him few hours later and told him thank you for the coffee and it was nice getting to know him. He replied back in the morning saying it was nice meeting me also and told me good luck with whatever I had going on that day. So what does this mean? Is this it? Am I not getting a second date? I am super new to this so am confused atm. I told him I will be going out of country in a week for about a month so idk if that had anything to with it either. I actually would not mind asking if we can hang again before I leave next week but would that sound desperate? Or do guys like women taking initiative? Or perhaps he was just being polite since he is super nice? Any advice would be good! Thanks!

featherwink
    featherwink
    Participant
    December 21, 2015 at 9:01 am #90344

If I’ve got the timeline right, you’re about to take off on your trip and have already either asked him to hang out again or didn’t bother. If you did hang out, hope you had a good time. If not, even better, because you need to be totally footloose and fancy-free on your trip, not thinking about some side-hugger;)…Hope you have the time of your life!!!!

pandorasbox84
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 5:34 am #91412

I think you should ask him to hang out again. Let us know x

franko
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 11:32 am #91422

Its just coffee so yeah go for it

Emil_thomsen
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 2:10 pm #91429

maybe

dirtyjersey
    Participant
    January 12, 2016 at 1:34 pm #91446

I’d go for it

jav316
    Participant
    January 12, 2016 at 8:04 pm #91463

Go for it..if you liked him and want to see him again

Anonymous
    January 14, 2016 at 9:18 am #91606

It takes time to build a friendship to the point where you both feel at ease having a conversation. Until then, you need to get to know each other, and that involves many things, including hanging out together, talking about things, and seeing what you have in common. You might find that you click after reading their profile and contacting them through email, but then find that it’s hard to chat in person.

This is especially true if you schedule long friendship dates where you both are put into situations where you don’t feel particularly comfortable.

The way to get around that is with a coffee date or two. Coffee dates have been used by Internet daters for years as a safe way to connect with someone they have only met though online interaction. But those trying to start a new friendship with someone or are meeting someone on the recommendation of a mutual friend (a friend set up) can benefit just as much from them.

GuyWhoneedshelp
    Participant
    January 14, 2016 at 3:14 pm #91698
    Reply To: Coffee date with someone online?

Well I think this guy is not interested, maybe u should be more mysterious and don’t send the typical standard messages .

modernrapunzel
    Participant
    January 14, 2016 at 3:54 pm #91702

You have absolutely nothing to lose by asking him if he’s interested in hanging out with you again. Life’s a gamble; sometimes you win and sometimes…not. You haven’t spent enough time with him to be really “vested” in any type of relationship; it is only a courtship at the moment. Go ahead, forget about your ego; it may be elevated or deflated by his response, but why wait? You’re leaving the country… why have this guy on your mind if you could be “out there” getting ego tripped on your next adventure! Good Luck!

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 7:12 pm #92586

Don’t ask him. From my experience I am certain guys are quite capable of asking women out again who they are fond of. Let men do the chasing. Don’t text him. Wait for him to text you. If you do not hear from just move on. Do not give him the opportunity to reject your invitation.

Rami
    Participant
    February 7, 2016 at 1:40 am #93089

Idk

F. A. L.
    F. A. L.
    Participant
    February 7, 2016 at 3:19 am #93092

i agree with angela. i think if two people have chemistry, a planned follow up at the end of the date would have been initiated, like, hey i had a great time can i call you tomorrow? let him contact you.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 17, 2016 at 8:16 pm #93820

Closed mouths don’t get fed!

Rufuz
    Participant
    March 7, 2016 at 5:44 pm #95164

You should let him contact you. But it’s very true, if two people wants to be together, so it goes by itself.

1 2