College girl who's bad at reading people

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

festinus
    Participant
    October 15, 2017 at 11:49 pm #152862

Hi, I’m a sophomore in college, and I’m not really good at reading people. I have this friend I knew from high school visiting in about a month, all the way from Europe. He’s going to see another friend first (who was like a brother to him in high school), then driving down to see me. He goes to college in London and found cheap plane tickets to America over a weeklong break he has, and wants us to show him the “American experience.” We’re friends and have hooked up a couple times, but we got into a huge fight about three years ago (I broke a promise and he was justifiably mad at me for a few months). That being said, I apologized, I learned my lesson, we made up, and now we’re friends again. I know that he used to be sexually attracted to me because we almost had sex before the incident, but we haven’t been very flirty ever since it happened. Do you think he would want to avoid hooking up with me again, or do you think he might be down?

grimlockt
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 3:18 am #152868

I think you should approach him with no expectations. Give him an opening to take a shot and if he likes you, he will. Unless, he’s the shy type, in which case you’ll need to be more understanding and subtly aggressive with your feelings by making the first move without making him uncomfortable to help him feel like it’s okay.