College student responsibilities vs. love

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

manofpeace
    Participant
    November 5, 2014 at 11:09 pm #67097

I’m going to try to make this short and sweet. I’m 20 years old. living life to the fullest. Getting a great college education and on the track to becoming a physical therapist. I also workout at my local gym about 3X weekly. And I wouldn’t call myself a spiritual man, but I highly regard wellness and religion. So that’s me in a nutshell. I am a busy man with my part time job and the normal responsibilities that come with being a student- study, contribute to the home, blah blah blah. With so much going on in my life, would it be a mistake to ask a girl out? I have no problem pursuing a girl if I wanted to go for it and have gotten over my shyness years ago, but what’s your opinion? What would you do? The underlying concern for me is this: IF I actually found a woman that liked a weird guy like me and all my quirks, would I be able to contribute my full attention to them with so much going on?

Thanks!

manofpeace

mlpaubrey
    Participant
    November 6, 2014 at 2:49 pm #67134

My opinion, i say go for it. If the girl you chose really liked you back, the way you’d like them, then they should be able to understand that you’re a pretty busy person and they’d be fine with the fact that you can’t dedicate that much time to them as you’d like,

SeanP
    Participant
    November 8, 2014 at 10:06 am #67246

You will never be completely free. You will always have responsibilities and by saying your too busy for this right now, I feel like you you won’t be any different in the future meaning you’ll always have something going on. I know what it’s like to balace school and eork because I’m a med student. I also did once tell myself I’ll start looking for relationship after school is over or after residency but in reality that time will never come my sdvice. Go for.it and learn to balance it with your life. Your time is now.

manofpeace
    Participant
    November 8, 2014 at 10:13 am #67250

You will never be completely free. You will always have responsibilities and by saying your too busy for this right now, I feel like you you won’t be any different in the future meaning you’ll always have something going on.

Wow! That was an interesting statement. Seems like a very legitimate thought. Well, as of now I think I will take the leap of faith if I find someone that I really like. Also thanks to @mlpaubrey.

Batista93
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 2:58 pm #67278

There really are two ways you can tackle this subject.

On one side you could say that if she’s “the one” for you then she will cope with your busy life and hang out with you when there’s some space in your schedule.

On the other side you need to ask yourself: do I really need a girlfriend right now?
    Education is an important factor in life and you might find yourself less busy once you finish studying and get a steady, normal hours kinda job.

Finally you need to decide for yourself: would I be willing to give some stuff up, perhaps go to the gym less, in order to spend more time with a potential girlfriend. If so, then go right ahead.

Ultimately it comes down to what you want from life today. Hope I made some sense 🙂

mysteriosa
    Participant
    December 6, 2014 at 12:43 am #68825

Being young is all about falling in and out of love and making mistakes. Go for it and if it doesn’t work out then it doesn’t work out.

mysteriosa
    Participant
    December 6, 2014 at 12:45 am #68826

Amen

reevesbonilla
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 10:16 pm #68850

I am going through the exact same situation

manofpeace
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 11:35 pm #68855

Hey everybody. It’s been a while since I created this forum. With everything I do in life and the goals I have, I am fine with being single while in college. Unless I find a girl that absolutely changes my whole plan and I see love at first sight, I’m satisfied with everything in my current situation the way it is. While a woman would be really nice to partner with especially to help me emotionally with my academics, I have plenty of technological and college resources to help me extensively. I’m Trying to graduate with honors status. While I’m sure I can work with a woman, I’m VERY happy with life the way it is! And I have a job I really love to pay my tuition.