DATING ADVICE FORUM

communication

Author
    Comments

• teebee
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 3:26 am #118343
    communication

Hi, iv been with my partner almost 3 years and we have been living together for the past 18 month. we get along really well and we are happy however overtime we try to talk about sex or money (bills to pay etc) or getting visits with his children (i want to see them more) he gets very angry and just starts yelling and swearing. we need to talk about these things for our relationship to be healthy. any ideas on how i can talk to him with out him getting angry ???

109ball02
    Participant
    December 2, 2016 at 4:08 pm #118920

Well, important topics: sex, bills, children. These are tougher subjects than “whats your opinion on superman vs batman” or “what kind of tires should we put on the car” or.. ya know, mundane things you could probably answer on your own, but you want someones opinion on, who matter to you.

Now, you are talking about real life changing subjects, and he seems closed off to discussing them cause they are a bash at his ego or manhood I take it.

I would say the way to go about it would be FIRST to show him you love him, explain how much his decisions and opinion matter to you, that you value them, and they IMPACT YOUR life. Then tell him there are things you need to talk about. He already probably knows what they are. Say its important to have answers, and you need his thoughts and feelings. If he is defensive, ask him why. If he refuses to talk, tell him you have to talk.

If you cant get past that, and he continues to put up emotional barriers.. he is too immature for adult convo