Completely lost…any advice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Zalech13
    Participant
    October 26, 2014 at 7:35 pm #66573

Hello all…I’m a 24 year old guy, and I just can not figure out how to meet women. I have been in only one relationship, and that was back in high school. I’ve gone on some dates here and there since then (almost completely from OkCupid), but nothing has come of that. To be more exact, I went out with ~7 girls from there, asked all but one for a second date, and got either shot down or ignored by all but one of those. And yes, I am a virgin.

The problem is I just have no clue how to meet women or what to say to them when I do meet them. When I see a girl I’m attracted to somewhere I’m usually too scared to look at her much less talk to her. It makes me feel so pathetic and unmanly, but I just have no clue how I would even start to fix this. I’ve been told by people (i.e. the scarce few female friends I’ve had over the years) that I would be a great catch: I’m a good looking guy, I’ve got a good steady job, I play guitar, etc. Anybody have advice for a lonely guy like me?

ek_soo
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 1:08 am #66576

Dont be afraid to speak to women you seem to like. if you get turned down, there will always be others. Its not like you will be seeing them daily. If you get a hit, then you can pursue them, if you dont get a hit, then move on to a different person you may like.

Bluerose
    Bluerose
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 6:00 am #66582

You just have to show confidence …girls are attracted to confident guys who feel good in their skin and are natural. So just relax and go talk to the girl you like and don’t think she is going to reject you. My advice to you is to not put so much pressure on yourself and act as relaxed as possible and if she does reject you it means she wasn’t the right girl for you in the first place.