Complicated crush @ work?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ek_soo
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 1:15 am #66578

I like this girl/lady at my work place – both of us are engineers (shes 27, im 26). I’m a not so smart (struggling at work) and shes a smart beautiful independent lady (doing fairly well). I started working a few months before she joined (together at the same place for 2 yrs)…so we both roughly started at about the same time. I didn’t really get to know her until we started to work together a few months ago. So it was never really about her looks. When I found she liked some of the same things I do and we both grew up outside the USA, I started to get a crush on her, I believe.

To make things complicated, my culture has arranged marriages (non-Christian) – meaning parents are looking for a wife and don’t normally approve of such behavior – and she / her parents are religious Christians. She and her parents are most likely looking for a Christian husband/son-in-law…

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  ek_soo.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  ek_soo.

ek_soo
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 1:16 am #66579

…continued…

I feel I have a crush on her, but don’t want to ruin the friendship…if it exists. I always text her jokes and sarcastic comments and she replies, but she has never initiated a message unless it was for work. I feel this a one way train, but not sure what to do… do I secretly continue to have a crush on her or talk to her about it, or something else? Also this being a workplace environment doesn’t help – regardless of what approach i take. Please advise.

Anonymous
    October 27, 2014 at 3:00 pm #66643

go for it!