Complicated hookup- should I try to text him

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jessica1995
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 10:22 pm #96464

I’m really confused about what to do right now. So everything started out normally, I matched with a guy on tinder. But then complications firstly he’s not from the same country as me and is working here for about 1 year. He’s also in a different city to me (about 4 and a half hours drive away). At the time when I matched with him I wasn’t really thinking about it I just thought he looked cute so whatever.
    Then he messaged me during the day last Saturday, it wasn’t a generic pick up line so I decided to respond. At the time I wasn’t desperate to meet him at all and I wasn’t sure if I would even like him if I did. He invited me to a party at his friends house and I’m a 20 year old university student so I thought maybe I should do something more spontaneous like that. I asked my flatmate if I should go and she was ok with coming with me so then I ended up at a party with a guy who was completely different to anyone I had ever hung out with before.

Jessica1995
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 10:35 pm #96465

I’m studying medicine so I’m used to more of a ‘reserved’ crowd. But the people at the party were all about 2-3 years older than me and they weren’t students or anything that I’m used to.
    The guy who invited me there didn’t seem desperate to get laid, he was having a good time and talking to everyone in the room. In one way it was good, but at the same time I couldn’t tell if he was into me. He was a lot better looking in person though so I went for it and ended up giving him a lot of hints throughout the night.
    Eventually I think he realized and he kissed me after we talked for awhile. I won’t lie to myself and say we had a lot in common or had that much to talk about but I liked how different he was from everyone I knew or had dated.
    I liked him enough that I thought he could be my first one night stand and so he ended up back at my place. He was probably the best person that I had ever been with in bed but then I don’t know if he realized how much I did enjoy it.

fatalexo5
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 10:48 pm #96468

okay…so what exactly do you want from this? Do you see it going any further? Has he contacted you after the hookup?

Jessica1995
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 8:54 am #96466

He obviously enjoyed it at least somewhat and I am reasonably attractive and reasonably intelligent, but I’m not like the super attractive, funny and cool girl that guys always go for. So I’m really confused about how much he liked me or not. And I was fine with it just being a one night stand but because he was so good I just can’t bear the thought of it only being once. I asked him what we were doing before he left my house the next morning and he said that he could text me if he was back in the city I live in and I said ‘yeah sure’ whilst trying to conceal that I did want to see him again quite a bit. Now because he’s from a different city and because we talked about that I feel like I shouldn’t text him but I am really quite into him.
    I know from talking to him that he has been in long term relationships and that I’m the second person he has met off tinder so he doesn’t seem like the ‘player’ type. But he also doesn’t seem like the guy who would pursue me especially because he’s

Jessica1995
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 8:54 am #96469

The morning after I asked what we were doing and if we were like never seeing each other again or… and he said he could text when he was back in the same city as me. And at the time I thought that would be fine.. but now I’m constantly thinking about him and I want to text him. I just feel like it would be weird.

I know he’s not the player type from what he’s told me but he also seems a lot more outgoing and easy going than me so I don’t think he would pursue me especially since he is only in the country till december. I don’t want it to just end like this because he was the best hook up I’ve had so I obviously want to pursue that but I want to know that he had a good enough time that he would want to repeat that (even if it involved driving like 5 hours)… which is a bit of a stretch. And now I’m conflicted about whether to text him first or if that will put him off.

I already sent him a friendly message on tinder but he hasn’t replied yet. It’s only been a few hours thoug

Jessica1995
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 8:55 am #96472

Sorry I keep trying to add more info but my laptop keeps crashing. I want it to go further but he’s only here for like 8 more months and works in a different city… I wouldn’t even mind something super casual because our personalities probably aren’t compatible. But then I have no clue as to what he wants….

Jessica1995
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 8:55 am #96476

In the morning after I asked what we were doing and he said he would text me if he were back in the same city as me at some point

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 4:51 pm #96531

He’s only there for 8 more months.I say take a chance and make the best of it. Text him back and set up somewhere else to meet and see what happens…

insanenowadays
    insanenowadays
    Participant
    March 26, 2016 at 3:40 pm #96551

Id say if youre into him, go for him. But make sure its more then just an attraction. You certainly deserve more then that. If it doesnt work out then dont sweat it.