Complicated situation, need some advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nanaki626
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 1:21 am #71794

Here’s the situation, there is a woman that I happen to find myself very interested in. We have known each for a few years, met in college and would talk online and hang out from time to time. I asked her out once, and she said said yes, but then panicked or something and changed her mind and we stayed good, if at times distant, friends (mild depression issues resulted in limited contact with the outside world on her part)
    I still happen to really like, but currently she is an ESL teacher in South Korea and is dating some guy over there. This is where the complication sets in. Her relationship with him is short term for reasons I won’t go into, judging by some conversations we’ve had I get the feeling she may actually have an interest in me, we talked awhile back and she said that she her relationship would be over before too long and she would be sad, and that by then I would be dating some amazing girl which would make her even more sad.

Any advice on how to proceed?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  nanaki626.

ja1984
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 2:00 am #71796

I would just let happen what happens. Who knows how long she will be with this other guy and how serious she is. She showed interest last time but seemed to change her mind.

skullcrusher69
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 10:40 pm #71823

Ummm it definitely sounds like there is a chance man but also seems like a pretty difficult and complicated situation. Are there any other girls you are interested in that might be an easier and more suitable fit for you?

nanaki626
    Participant
    January 26, 2015 at 12:33 am #71827

Good to know that others seem to think there is a chance, apparently I am not as crazy as I thought I was.

Currently there are not any other girls that have my interest, but that is more because exhaustion from work has turned me into a bit of a shut in for the past few months.

Expat
    Participant
    January 26, 2015 at 2:27 am #71830

My advice is don’t wait for her. She’s probably not going to be teaching in Korea forever, but my experience with ESL teachers is that they will be living abroad for most of their lives, hopping from country to country.

She’s obviously interested in you, but waiting for her would be a mistake because her future is so up in the air. Keep in contact with her, keep letting her know you’re intersted, but if something else comes along don’t feel guilty about going for it.

RickyMargan
    Participant
    February 16, 2015 at 1:56 am #73483

Truly a complicated situation dude. In my concern you must convince her once more and make her understand about your feelings. The distance may be a factor, but a good relationship always overtakes it. I may suggest you the name of Christian Online for better assistance. If you will have to come out from the bondage, assistance will help you to operate the same. By the way thanks for the conversation.