Complicated situation with a coworker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

noahbuddy
    noahbuddy
    Participant
    March 19, 2014 at 5:25 pm #49494

I first met her years ago. First time I saw her it was instant and unrelenting infatuation. Didn’t know her name or anything about her other than she is the most perfect woman I’ve ever seen. Segue to today, eight years later. She has a rental property across the street from me, parks next to me at work, her office is next to mine. Shortly after becoming coworkers I let her know how I felt about her. I expected to be sent to HR. Instead she said we could be friends. We’ve spent a good deal of time building our friendship. We’ve even had a few private one on one deep conversations. I’ve always been straight up regarding my feelings for her. I’ve held nothing back and given her every opportunity to run for the hills, yet she remains. We’re both in committed relationships. Lately we’ve pushed the limits. She never backs down and says things that could easily be construed as leading. Our friendship has started to feel a little dangerous. Could I have broken past the friend zone?

joegxrl
    Participant
    March 23, 2014 at 12:14 am #49653

well.. you said both of you are in committed relationships, so even though she possibly likes you – she can’t really do anything about it. if you both really want to be with each other, then you both should break up with your current relationships and properly get together. it’s not right to be pushing the limits like this. give everyone involved the proper respect.

polly1122333
    Participant
    March 25, 2014 at 12:38 am #49712

If you are both in committed relationship, pushing the limit will make things complicated, if you are both on the same page wanting to leave current partners and be together properly then it’s a different story. Cheating is never good, be caution about you actions towards her, if you care about her don’t hurt her by making her cheat on her partner, and you shouldn’t cheat on your partner too

Link_The_Programmer
    Link_The_Programmer
    Participant
    March 28, 2014 at 5:24 pm #50015

I concur, you two ”should break up with your current relationships and properly get together.” You may be on the brink, but this will break that dam and let the water flow. I think its time you show her your true feelings 😉

theresa
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 6:08 am #50064

I agree with last post. Nothing good will come of cheating. You need to evaluate how you both feel about each other romantically and then decide the best way to mov forward. Jumping from one relationship to the next isn’t always healthy either..

fitzy55
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 1:25 pm #50096

I think it seems like you’d rather be with your co-worker. SO break up with your s.o. and see if she follows suit. Either way it appears you do not want to be with the person you are currently dating.

afflk
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 4:00 pm #50124

Dont push the limit, remeber to think in advance

afflk
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 4:02 pm #50125

Go for it, think with your heart