compliments and such(female's opinions would be greatly appreciated as well)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

targetpractice69
    Participant
    January 29, 2014 at 12:34 pm #46773

I’m almost always a serious and quiet person. Other than the required courtesies to be polite and stuff I really don’t talk much, it’s not my thing. Sometimes I’ll see a girl that catches my eye though and I’m afraid to talk to her because I think she will find it strange that out of everyone I chose to talk to her. I’ve heard that girls like the strong silent type and if that’s true that’s perfect since I really don’t like to talk much but then I’m afraid that the girl will be weirded out that Im finally talking to her or something I mean isn’t that kind of a dead giveaway that im interested? Alot of times the girl will be the one that starts a conversation with me or asks me a question, I guess because they know I probably won’t, but even then I answer and smile then stop talking again cause I don’t really know how to keep it going or what to say. I notice that most of these girls start out friendly and nice then seem to be a little put down or upset when I don’t keep talking to them

targetpractice69
    Participant
    January 29, 2014 at 12:41 pm #46774

The only thing I can think of for them being upset is that I didn’t keep talking to them more as I’m never rude and I don’t think I did anything wrong since I didn’t really do anything lol. Thoughts on this?

Also alot of times I want to compliment a girl’s eyes or something for example but I end up not doing it because I think she will think I’m just saying that or just trying to get in her pants instead of taking it as an honest compliment. These girls aren’t stuck up or anything as I usually don’t like to talk to those girls, so they don’t strike me as the type to answer “I know” or something like that to a compliment, but I still think theyll find it corny or something and I end up not saying it. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks in advance 🙂

holdengolden
    Participant
    January 30, 2014 at 7:48 pm #46966

Well they’re upset because they put themselves out there and it didn’t go the way they expected it to. Put yourself in the situation of someone who makes an actual effort to initiate conversation with someone because they’ve sparked an interest, so after all that anticipation and possibly stress you throw them one word and stop. How would you feel?

In my opinion you’re not being observant enough. Don’t try to give them direct compliments unless it FLOWS WITH THE CONVERSATION. Instead compliment them by being interested in them, asking them questions about them and what they do. Not just “You have beautiful eyes”. <— that will get you no-where unless you’re already dating her.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  holdengolden.

jackson45
    Participant
    February 2, 2014 at 1:04 pm #47045

Yeah, if she talks about a hobby or something, you can compliment based on that, like if she talks about something she did, say, “wow, that’s pretty impressive.” for example.

Redheadedpirate
    Participant
    February 2, 2014 at 11:24 pm #47048

I think that generally the talking is important to women. Try asking her questions about herself, then share things about yourself. Sometimes even talking about common things like television shows, music, and your career and can be a great way to get the conversation started.

holdengolden
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:53 pm #46967

And yo who gives a crap if you think she’ll find it strange you chose to talk to her? HAVE SOME CONVICTION in your actions. You chose to talk to her because you know you’re an awesome person and you recognized something that could possibly compliment that. You’re really worrying about the wrong things, there are PLENTY of other ways you could mess up then the first interaction.

The thing about the first interaction, instead of just sitting there worrying about how its gonna happen and making it perfect, JUST DO IT. Make yourself known to her in anyway possible, then take it from there.