Confronting him about his online profile

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    April 11, 2013 at 9:30 am #28376

This post was submitted by Pat, can anyone help?

“Going out with a guy for a couple of months. Each of us said to one another we were not dating anyone else and if we found someone we wanted to date we would tell one another. Next week I saw he had been online, confronted him about it and he said he hadn’t been online in a long time. I reiterated our understanding. And he said he did not like being called a liar and now he didn’t want to see me anymore and I wasn’t the right person for him. Is this guy a liar, or is there a chance he may show up as online without actually logging in?”

NYC_guy
    NYC_guy
    Participant
    April 12, 2013 at 3:30 pm #28507

I don’t think it’s too uncommon to see people still dab onto their profiles and browse if any new matches came up. Are you two officially a couple or still trying to see if you’re a match?

He might have other intentions to online dating too. Ask what he’s looking for and if he sees himself with you at all. If he’s unsure and would rather be dating around then let him be. There’s no use in trying to tie a man down if he’s only looking for fun. I’ve never seen a woman be able to do that unless by force or 3rd party standards. When a guy is ready to settle, he will.

SandMan
    Participant
    April 15, 2013 at 11:23 am #28732

That’s funny I just read an article here about this problem. Basically, keep in mind, even though you saw HE was online, YOU were too! He may be curious of the same thing, don’t think your investigative attempts are helping all the time, it may be hurting you.

SandMan
    Participant

wtop0_0
    Participant
    April 17, 2013 at 6:33 pm #29040

Good point SandMan!