Confused.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bacui
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 2:03 am #75024
    Confused.

Hello everyone, I need your help.

I just recently went on a second date with a girl and I am confused on whether or not she’s interested. We had a great first date but this one felt a little bit off. We went to live music event for our second date (one which we showed up extremely early for) and decided to go in and just chat for a while. When I first got to the area we were both lost and I had to go looking for her (which I didn’t mind) so I felt the date got off on the wrong foot. When we found each other I noticed like she like stumbled into me and I caught her (which I’m not sure if its normal) and walked to the place. Anyways, conversation was good until certain points where we stayed quiet for periods of times and I’d ask her questions about herself etc.

Bacui
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 2:12 am #75025

Cont’d-

She then mentioned that she had to pick her brother up at 1AM from a bar and that she felt bad about making me leave early and I said “I just wanted to see you, so it’s ok”. As I walked her to her car she says “if you like you can go back to your car” so I obviously didn’t do that as I continue to walk her to her car. Before leaving she said “I had a good time, we should do this again thank you for coming out tonight” I told her that I was thankful for her coming out and it was great. We hugged each other and the night ended. After, I sent her a text to let me know when she made it home safely (rookie mistake as she never responded) and I just sent her another text today thanking her for last night. Now, I am a little frustrated because I am not sure whether to just move on or keep trying due to me attraction to this girl. I feel like there’s a connection but she complicates it because I feel that she’s somewhat reserved. What do you guys think I should do?

Bacui
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 8:43 am #75026

I forgot to add that she did say she was working the whole day today and wouldn’t be getting out until late. I’m just confused overall and just need to know what I should do.

TheTodd28
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 8:46 am #75092

I’ve been in your shoes, so I know what I’m about to say will be of little comfort (lol). Just relax. Relax! If you know that she’s busy, she’ll get back to you, and be appreciative to not have 6-7 texts from you waiting on her. If she’s not interested, then you’ll know if she doesn’t respond at all….and it’s hard to accept with how things seem to have went, but it’s a reality we all face at one time or another. I’m willing to bet you’ll hear back from her…RARELY have I personally had a woman initiate, or suggest, getting together again without me sticking my neck out and saying “I’d like to keep seeing you” – or something along those lines. If you’ve got a message out there for her to respond to, then just keep yourself occupied otherwise until such time.

Bacui
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 6:51 pm #75160

^ Man, I had some chick tell me give her a call last night (which I stupidly did) and haven’t contacted her since and I haven’t heard from her so I’m just going with that she just isn’t interested. Honestly, I won’t contact her again until she does and if she doesn’t then it’s just reassuring my beliefs of her non-existential interest. I just don’t think the second date went as well as the first. However, if she is then great but I won’t be making myself look like a fool and needy when I’m not. Thanks for replying anyways man.