Confused…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 6:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bryan86
    bryan86
    Participant
    April 6, 2015 at 7:55 pm #76762
    Confused…

I matched with this chick on Tinder and it turns out we know each other. I haven’t seen her in at least 4 years. We met in college.

Anyways, she gave me her # and I asked her if she wanted to grab some happy hour drinks sometime. She said she was busy but said “I’ll sadly have to take a rain check”. I said “No worries maybe some other time”. She replied “For sure :)”.

I texted her about 14 days later to see if she wanted to grab some drinks but still haven’t gotten a response. I’m not sure how to follow up with her. Should I call or text? Should I just ask her out for drinks again via a text? Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    April 7, 2015 at 9:48 pm #76827

There is something you have to remember about women:

They lie all the time, because they try to avoid conflict. Sometimes they will tell you “For sure :)” just to avoid to tell you “I’m not interested”

In women’s world behaving this way is the “nice thing to do” because they try not to hurt your feelings.

Now my question is:

Why did you waited 14 days to text her?

Man, if you like a woman call her the next day she gave you her phone number, and set a date to see her again. You don’t have any idea what happened in her life in the last 14 days, maybe she met someone, maybe she moved to other town, maybe she is in the hospital, but with two weeks of silence you basically told her: I’m not interested in you.

If she hasn’t answered you, the best thing to do is move on, forget about her but remember the lesson:

Remember as a man, always take the initiative, don’t wait too much to contact her.

bryan86
    bryan86
    Participant
    April 8, 2015 at 8:30 pm #76914

Thank you for the feedback Dontbeniceanymore. It’s greatly appreciated.

I texted 14 days after she said that she was busy. I didn’t want to come off as desperate (and I’m not).

I took your advice and called her today but she didn’t pick. However, she texted me immediately after I called and said “Very odd that I was just thinking about you earlier today. Rushing to finish up at work and meet a friend. What’s up?”.

So, I asked her if she wanted to grab some drinks this weekend or sometime early next week. Waiting for a response.

If she doesn’t respond tonight, should I call her again tomorrow?

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    April 8, 2015 at 8:52 pm #76915

Your welcome!

What you can do is make plans without her, for example tonight or tomorrow go to a place that you like and enjoy, and text her or call her in a casual way: Hey I’m going to XYZ to have a nice time (grab some drinks, eat something, watch a movie), you are welcome to join me.

If she joins you then she shows interest in you, and if she doesn’t you still had a great time on your own,

if you want to make things more interesting ask someone to take you a picture smiling with someone else and a message like “too bad that you miss this fun”

Always keep in mind that you have to let women know that you are in control of your life, that you have options, and you are not needy nor desperate.

Maru
    Participant
    April 9, 2015 at 12:15 pm #76958

Text her jsut like to see how is she, be casual not pushy. Tell her you are going to a place I dotn know movies, and ask her if she wants to joiin u or tell her that why dont she join you for lunch sometime to catch up.