Confused?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mkc1114
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 2:29 pm #77542
    Confused?

Boyfriend and I were only together for a couple of months things got serious pretty quick. Long story short…we had a some issues (mainly about his insecurities) the week before we broke up. We went to a concert with some of his clients, I was emotional, had too much to drink and got into an argument with him, left and went to the hotel room. Basically, I embarrassed him in front of his clients. I felt horrible. On the way home he told me that he fell in love with me and he couldn’t believe I had done that. The next morning, he told me to never contact him again. I apologized and left him alone like he asked. He has been reaching out to me at least once a day. He told me that he can’t get over what happened but he doesn’t want me out of his life. He wants to be facebook friends which I think is strange. He got really upset when I told him that we should cut contact if we can’t move forward. Why would he want to be friends? What should I do? I’m so confused

sahm15
    Participant
    April 25, 2015 at 11:11 am #77885

Try to “own” your story about the night in front of clients. It was what is was (know for yourself what it was — did you make a scene or just leave?). If just leaving, that’s an easy one — you get to leave a situation anytime you need (too bad if he is embarrassed that you went away — he needs to find ways to cope with not controlling others, and worry less about how it looks to others). If it was a scene and you were drunk and it makes him worry you will do this again, well, he has to decide how to support you or simply not bring you to business events (seems reasonable, not a reason to hate yourself or him). Embarrassment — it happens to ALL of us. We are all so human and it just is a part of life. We do things we regret. The clients are human, they understand this. Ask him why he wants to be friends. It sounds like it is too painful for you to be friends. You can tell him that — you love him still and just being friends won’t work, you need to be together or apart.