Confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Vantage802
    Participant
    November 29, 2015 at 12:06 pm #89100
    Confused

For the past few weeks, I’ve been talking to this girl at my high school(Junior year), and it’s seemed like it has gone very well for the most part. I asked her out, and she said sure. When it came time to go to dinner, she cancelled on me, texting “I’m so sorry I can’t go tonight”, without a reason why or anything. So I answered back “Alright maybe another time”, thinking that there would probably not be another time in reality. Then she texts back, “Yeah that would be great.” I thought this might be just her testing or she actually had something going on, but then when trying to continue a conversation, I have been completely shut down or ignored. Before all this, we were fairly decent friends to an extent, and out of any girl I’ve pursued(even the ones I have dated in the past), I have never felt as confident as I do about her. So I need advice on 1) What’s going on with her, 2) How do I proceed, and 3) Is this a normal thing that people do? Thanks so much.

steph1989
    Participant
    November 29, 2015 at 4:52 pm #89104

Coming from a female perspective, she might just be overly nice. It’s hard sometimes for woman because our nice vibes and such often come off as flirtatious and often confuse guys thinking we are into them. Of course we are the ones that aren’t bold enough or mean enough to be like look I’m just not that into you, so naturally we say yes to dates. But when the time comes to go a date we get conflicted because we realize we just like you as a friend and don’t want to hurt you or leading you on. Then we stop communicating with you altogether, because we have trapped ourselves in this situation and the only way to get out is to cut communication. I’m sorry about your situation, if you really want a straight up answer I would try and communicate with her face to face and dicuss things, but it sounds to me like you need to move on. There are 10 billion fish in the sea, and I know being in high school it doesn’ seem like there are many fish, but you will find someone, good luck 🙂

carrasr
    Participant
    November 30, 2015 at 5:02 pm #89136

move on..

vptran31
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 5:44 am #89233

Yea she’s giving u the cold shoulder. Canceling a first date is only excusable if the person goes to great lengths to make it up to you. Even if she is interested in you, it’s not worth it

alyort44
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 11:04 am #89268

unfortunately it sounds like she has friend zoned you. she is being nice to only keep your friendship b.c she likes you as a person. but anything romantic she is not interested in.

mamma1
    Participant
    December 4, 2015 at 5:32 am #89426

Why don’t you put the ball in her court, ask her to let you know when shes free and then forget about it, that way its her call.

bz380
    Participant
    December 4, 2015 at 8:16 pm #89527

I bet if you stop paying attention to her, she’ll be texting you. In the meantime, try talking to other girls to get your mind off of her.

Anonymous
    December 6, 2015 at 12:19 pm #89557

oky cool

Rao
    Participant
    December 7, 2015 at 2:37 pm #89629

move on hard but true

skowronski
    Participant
    December 7, 2015 at 5:33 pm #89657
    Reply To: Confused

dont text to her for 1-2 weeks and then try contact her if she can’t give you clear response whether she will go out with you then move on

Anonymous
    December 8, 2015 at 3:18 am #89677

Go ahead!

Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 1:47 pm #89732

Lay off, let her make the next move