Confused, Help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused, Help

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 7:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hurt101
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 3:33 pm #128230
    Confused, Help

I met this guy 10 years ago online. We both live on opposite sides of the US which is difficult. However, we kept in touch for 10 years and have always been super close. We’ve told each other everything and both are super comfy with each you. We finally have the opportunity to meet in person and it was magical. The only problem is, he has a girlfriend. Before meeting, he told me that he wasn’t happy with her and that our 10 year relationship meant more to him so I met up with him. The connection was amazing on both sides. Since meeting we’ve talked continuously everyday. He even told me that he had fallen in love with me and could see himself being with me and starting a family together. He said we would find a way to make it work with the distance. But here’s the problem….he still has the girlfriend. He hasn’t broken things off with her. After a month, I finally told him how I felt about him remaining with his gf and now I haven’t heard from him in a week. What do you think?

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by  hurt101.
    Daterr117
    Daterr117
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 1:45 pm #128397

I think it sounds like he had no intention of ending things with her. It really sounds like a typical story you see where someone says they’re going to leave their husband/wife to be with this other person, except they never do. Did you try reaching out to him one more time?

This is a really shitty situation and if you could find a way to walk away, I would.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 5:47 pm #128451

never ever date or see anybody who is with somebody else or has baggae for somebody else. bad situation and you, “the other person”, will always get burned in such a situation.

i’d look elsewhere now.

nadiab
    Participant
    February 28, 2017 at 9:57 am #128474

I just think that if he truly felt strongly about you, he would have already broken up with his gf or he doesn’t know which one he should choose so he is trying to hold onto both. I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable spending the rest of my life with a guy who had a gf while we were talking and didn’t break up with her if he truly did love me. That is simply not okay. It is not okay to you or the gf, you both deserve better. I would try to end things or if you really love him, I would tell him he would have to choose either you or the gf not both. I hope everything goes well. Good luck.