Confused!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

surfergirl178
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 4:22 am #150342
    Confused!

I like this guy. I am friends with his mom. There is a big age difference between the 2 of us (both of us over 21). I met him through his mom. We have friday night dinner with his parents, sister and brother in law, and 2 other friends.

At first i didn’t think about it. I thought he was cute but never made a move. 4th of july came around and i went to go shoot off fire works with his mom and him because i wasn’t out with friends. We shot off fireworks then went inside and he sat close to me. I sat talking to his mom and him. Well he got up and went into the kitchen. Well how its laid out of the living i faced the kitchen. His mom was between me and the kitchen. So he stood at the edge behind his mom and would stand there and catch eyes with me. I would look at him like whatever. Well it happened 2 or 3 times after that. But he never did anything but sit close to me and go into the kitchen and catch eyes with me.

We had dinner one night with his family and (CONTINUED BELOW)

surfergirl178
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 10:02 am #150343

found out he wasn’t doing anything after. So i got the guts and sent him a facebook message cause i didn’t have his number or not friends with him on facebook. so i asked him if he wanted to come back and watch a movie or hang out. He didn’t get it for several hours and he responded with i didn’t see it with a bunch of crying faces. I have tried to hang out with him since but he hasn’t responded and acting stand offish.

what do i do? im confused of what happened. he did try to persue a girl recently but got rejected.

cdnrose
    Participant
    September 27, 2017 at 9:43 am #150424

If he hasn’t responded then I’d say just leave it, You have already reached out to him it is his turn to respond to you.

hopelessromantic25
    Participant
    September 27, 2017 at 9:07 pm #150673

I would ask him! He might not be up front to his mom about things

jeff1312
    Participant
    September 28, 2017 at 2:44 am #150675

I’d say that maybe you should try one or two more times and if he doesn’t respond then leave it alone.

Trariza
    Participant
    September 29, 2017 at 2:25 pm #150941

Try again but don’t be obsessive about him hanging out with you.

surfergirl178
    Participant
    October 12, 2017 at 5:33 pm #152634

oh i wasn’t trying to be obsessive. I just thought since he was interested the one time to hang out i would ask again since he didn’t see it. But then it just kinda died off after that