confused

DATING ADVICE FORUM

confused

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kayla
    Participant
    April 16, 2014 at 4:37 pm #51361
    confused

I had to go to a party that my ex attended also. I am really good friends with his best friend
    I didn’t feel what I expected I would feel. I was scared to see him with his new gf but actually I was happy to see him but felt no pain at all. It made me realise that I only like the idea of him probably( we dated for about 4 months 6 months ago, he was the first guy i was intimate with i am 25 he broke up with me via a text while I was in a very bad situation in my life, but I just agreed with him and made no big deal out of that) Anyways I acted happy and cool said hi but he literally ignored me. looking at the ground when I’d look at him. until he was drunk enough he came to me twice and said hi twice, 2 hours after i arrived. And then again looking away or at the ground.
    and he asked my friend not to invite us at the same events in the future.
    I don’t understand he was the one who broke up and he was the one acting all awkward. I made my best to be cool, do u guys understand this?

hailsbooher
    Participant
    April 20, 2014 at 2:04 am #51520

Hes an asshole. Its best you guys broke up. It doesnt seem like he knows what he wants and hes just going t keep putting you through misery if you let him. Dont let him bring you down! Any guy like that will get his heart broken one day and youll be the one in a long lasting successful relationship.

bigtuna49
    bigtuna49
    Participant
    April 29, 2014 at 1:31 am #51944

I’m going through a similar situation. I’m the guy that broke up with the girl… and she’s probably my soulmate, but I’m 25 and confused with what I want in my own life. I’m sure I’ll regret dumping her. I would say move on, and don’t wait for his ass. If you’re meant to be together, it’s meant to be. Enjoy your twenties while you still have them.

frankowhitez
    frankowhitez
    Participant
    April 30, 2014 at 4:04 am #52017

I’m sure your ex don’t like to see you talking with other guy. Still,he felt jealous knowing that you were right now after you broke up. That’s nature for a guy, guys want to still prove that you are not get over him yet.

sd83
    Participant
    May 1, 2014 at 9:06 pm #52119

You sounds like a very considerate, caring person – and it sounds like you have been honest with yourself about the cycle of emotions you are feeling, around this break-up (totally normal). I wouldn’t take it personally. Break ups are hard! He could be worried about a million things – that he still has feelings for you, that he is ashamed, that he is worried what future girlfriends might think if he talks to you. It sounds like he is a bit out of control (also totally normal).

You sound classy and mature. I would just let it go for now – maybe give him some space. If you really want a friendship with him, let this time die-down and reach out to him again later. And if he doesn’t want friendship that’s ok, just more room in your life for someone else 🙂

– 30/F in California

n25philly
    Participant
    May 1, 2014 at 9:16 pm #52121

he probably didn’t feel comfortable, especially with a new gf. He might be worried that if he his too friendly his gf might get the wrong idea. Still, if he broke up with you over a text, you are better off with him not around.

Anonymous
    May 5, 2014 at 12:55 am #52166

hi

Anonymous
    May 5, 2014 at 12:58 am #52167

hot

wellthisishappening
    Participant
    May 12, 2014 at 12:12 am #52619

He may feel bad for breaking up with you and doesn’t realize by ignoring you he could be hurting your feelings.