Confused about ex'S behavior

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kayla
    Participant
    April 17, 2014 at 11:02 am #51383

I had to go to a party that my ex attended also. I am really good friends with his best friend
    I didn’t feel what I expected I would feel. I was scared to see him with his new gf but actually I was happy to see him but felt no pain at all. we dated for about 4 months 6 months ago, he was the first guy i was intimate with i am 25 he broke up with me via a text while I was in a very bad situation in my life, but I just agreed with him and made no big deal out of that) Anyways I acted happy and cool said hi but he literally ignored me. looking at the ground when I’d look at him. until he was drunk enough he came to me twice and said hi twice, 2 hours after i arrived. And then again looking away or at the ground whenever our eyes met.
    and he asked my friend not to invite us at the same events in the future.
    I don’t understand he was the one who broke up and he was the one acting all awkward. I made my best to be cool, do u guys understand his behavior?

denver35
    Participant
    April 18, 2014 at 4:16 pm #51479

First of all. You did the best. thumps up.
    It shows you are the one with a character.
    Don’t change a bit.

2nd. He was the jerk.

Whatever reason he broke up with you. .. it was an excuse. nothing wrong on your part.

About the behaviour at the party…..again, a confirmed jerk. He didn’t have the courage to come up to you till he was drunk. …. but you did the best.

You deserve someone more genuine. and you will get. I wish I could literally guarantee that. ….. but hey you will. ..!

soonerguy48
    Participant
    April 27, 2014 at 4:39 pm #51859

You acted perfect! He acted like a complete jerk!

Kayla
    Participant
    May 23, 2014 at 9:41 pm #53701

My friend told me that I look like i am heartless because I acted if nothing ever happened. Do you think my behavior was cold?

confusedgirlhere
    Participant
    May 25, 2014 at 4:54 am #53711

I once broke up with a guy who treated me poorly. I liked him and wanted to make it work. I realized that he was never going to treat me better and that regardless of whether we were together or not I would still be in pain. People who have a conscious don’t just break up with someone, hurt someone and get over people like that. We aren’t monsters.

Even after I broke up with him, knowing I didn’t want him I texted him once when I was loopy on pain meds and showed up to somewhere I knew he would be. It’s like bipolar behaviour. Sometimes I’m so glad we’re not together, sometimes I want him to hold him in his arms, other times I just feel straight up guilty with no romantic interest …

I’m sure you did nothing wrong for him to dump you but I hope you know that when a person breaks up with someone they don’t just have one type of feeling for you.

Hope that helps

confusedgirlhere
    Participant
    May 25, 2014 at 5:00 am #53712

**! Should note when I showed up somewhere I knew he’d be I ignored him. I felt so embarrassed and awkward being there. Especially since he angry when I broke up with him.

lookingforlove110
    Participant
    May 25, 2014 at 7:59 pm #53721

I don’t think your behavior was wrong. As a guy, my guess would be that he still has some feelings for you and doesn’t know how to handle it.

Kayla
    Participant
    May 28, 2014 at 8:33 am #53914

Honestly i still think about him from time to time and find myself missing him, i know it doesn’t make Sense since we didn’t even have a long relationship and the way he broke up with me showed me he couldn’t care less about me. is it normal to feel this way ?