Confused about her intentions

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ZLink9015
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 4:25 pm #82657

I created a thread in the men’s topic, but I think putting it here would be better.

So I’m in a bit of a tricky situation. Due to the fact that the girl I am interested is also my coworker. I want to thread carefully.
    So she’s pretty flirtatious, but signs that she has given me has been. Asked if I had a gf, touching, Laughing at my jokes, sometimes pretty bad ones.
    Says she hates me, quite often when I say something super corny. Call me by a misspelled name(Tum vs Tom)
    She asked me to hang out a few times, but every time its been in front of other coworkers. Lately she has been sharing her terrible dating experience, which irks me just a bit.

I’ve tried to ask her out 2 times in the past, but before I can ask, she does something that deflates my bubble. First was saying she loved a guy. And 2nd was when she thought I was saying something about us (her and myself) (IE: we are going to the movies, she goes no, I’m going with X not you)

Any advices\opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Z

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  ZLink9015.

ZLink9015
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:14 am #82658

We’ve been working together for almost 2 years, and I just recently started to have feelings for her.
    I’ve tried to ask her out 2 times in the past, but before I can ask, she does something that deflates my bubble. First was saying she loved a guy. And 2nd was when she thought I was saying something about us (her and myself) (IE: we are going to the movies, she goes no, I’m going with X not you)

Any advices\opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Z

MissSophieXx
    MissSophieXx
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 5:46 am #82801

She sounds like a messer i really wouldnt bother putting to much time or effort in to her x

Dysandria
    Participant
    July 16, 2015 at 4:19 am #82925

This girl, from my limited experience with the human race, sounds like bad news. If she’s still going out with her ex to the movies and such, she probably doesn’t have the best head for men. If you try, you’ll probably get turned down. Or if she says yes, it might not last long. Again, limited experience. Maybe she’s a nice person. But it sounds like a bad idea.

ivoryglow
    Participant
    July 16, 2015 at 12:05 pm #82948

Sounds like she’s just playing/having fun with the game. If you like her back I’d be a little more direct with questions that will lead to more definite answers.

Mopsa
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 3:01 am #83933

Dear Z,

Apart from the problems that may crop up while dating a co-worker, this gal insults you by kvetching about past dates, which is in very bad taste and a big, red flag.

piem
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 5:56 am #84060

its not worth to waste time on her i suppose

dreamer5464
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 8:30 am #84064

Doesn’t sound like she is interested.

aspala
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 9:53 pm #84272

she sounds immature and a waste of your time. maybe she gets a rise out of spelling your name wrong but honestly, you can do better. flirting is one thing, but it’s like she’s insulting you and making fun of you at the same time. time to move on. 🙁

lilly129
    Participant
    August 18, 2015 at 7:52 pm #84360
    Reply To: Confused about her intentions

I think she is playing games with you and she is confused herself.