Confused about older girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

akane64
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 11:03 pm #158361

I used to work with this older girl (7 years older) a couple months ago, and at first she was coming on to me and being very flirtatious, and as we worked together we kept flirting more and more. I asked her out one day and she gave me her number, when the day came she ended up in the hospital because of a blood clot issue, I figured it was no big deal, so a couple weeks went by and I called to reschedule and no answer, a few weeks after I left the job in pursuit of a better one, and we didn’t chat for a month or two, when most recently she texted me happy thanksgiving, and we texted a little, and a week after that I texted her and we chatted a little, and I invited her to come along with me and some friends for sushi (I thought low commitment, since she flaked the last time), and she said she had to go see her friend that she didn’t see in awhile, and I said no big deal, and then the next day she texted me hello, I said whats up and she said nothing much, eating just wanted to say hi

akane64
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 11:06 pm #158362

And we texted a few texts after that nothing long, but I am confused as she flaked on me the one time and then Im assuming made that line about seeing her friend up, since it took her 2 hours to respond, when normally she responds within 10 mins or less. I am confused if she likes me or what, because if she flaked on the date twice why would she continue to reach out to me, also what should I do from here going forward? All advice is greatly appreciated!

leigha2017
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 5:54 am #158363

Hmmm you know if this girl is single? It sounds like she may be seeing someone, and maybe reaching out when things are questionabkenin her relationship?

akane64
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 9:06 am #158373

Yes she has been single for the last 2-3 years, I can tell by her instagram and Facebook, cause she posts sometimes about being single, not sure if thats a red flag anyways.

akane64
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 9:11 am #158384

Yes I know that she has been single for awhile, like 2-3 years, she posts about it on social media…as far as talking to someone, she may as a friend of mine saw her at the restaurant after work having drink with some guy, but I assume that all girls talk to multiple guys so I didn’t ever read into that much.

goat9545
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 10:25 pm #158989

shoot the shot

backinthepool
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 1:04 pm #159257

I’d say at this point clear up the confusion. Be up front and say “I like talking to you, can we go have diner (or whatever) some time?” if she agree’s set a time. If she is wishy washy about it, move on. Unless you are fine with dragging out a very unlikely to work out situation…

Morphious1
    Participant
    December 7, 2017 at 2:40 am #159329

You do need to make sure that she is not using you. You want to be up front and clear about your intentions otherwise she could risk friendzoning you!