DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused about where we stand

Author
    Comments

• tlr.9
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 6:05 pm #141206
    Confused about where we stand

Im talking to a girl who I had a thing with when we were sophomores in high school. We are now sophomores in college and we started to talk after years without contact. I did not like her nor did I intend on catching feelings but I began to be interested in her in a romantic way. I never push myself onto someone and I always respect boundaries. Im a loyal and I consider my intentions to be genuine. I developed feelings and the 1st time we discussed it she told me we were nothing but friends. I agreed but then things became different and we started to flirt and things seemed like she was also interested. She sent signs that clearly showed she was interested in me in a romantic way. We talked about our feelings and she told me she really liked me and I was her favorite person to talk to but did not want to lose me if things didnt work out. She also said that just because she wasnt ready right at the moment it didnt mean it couldnt happen in the future.

tlr.9
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 6:09 pm #141207

I have treated her well and I have not been someone that pressures her into anything. She does not owe me anything and is free to love and feel however and whoever she desires. But I love this girl. I am not sure if I should give up or keep fighting for her. I have been feeling sad and anxious because Idk where we stand. She has become a bit distant and has stopped flirting. I feel like she is scared to like me in a romantic way because she has been hurt and wants to avoid feeling the way she has in the past. I dont want to lose her friendship. I feel like she is pushing me away to avoid falling for me and like I said she fears to get hurt.

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 10:02 am #141209

she says something could happen with both of you in the future. At least there’s hope, so don’t lose it! Keep being her friend, don’t push her away, be patient!

datingisconfusing
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 12:11 pm #141268

You’ve definitely got a lot of hope here. Personally, if I was pushing a guy away it will either be because I need a break or because i’m seeing if he’ll come chasing me. Maybe try a bit of both – give her space for a few days and then come back strong and ask if she wants to meet up. If she’s still acting distant after you ask her out then you know she’s lost interest in you in a romantic sense. If she says yes then chances are you’ve given her the break she needed. Good luck!

Smilinqt
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 3:24 pm #141271

I agree with datingisconfusing. Usually when I push a guy away…that I’m clearly interested in, it’s because I need to know that he’s really in, before I allow myself to open up further. Or, I’m scared of being let down and my emotions are getting the best of me, so I feel like I need to take a step back.