Confused…and hurt

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused…and hurt

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sooverit
    Participant
    April 21, 2016 at 9:47 pm #98436
    Confused…and hurt

I became friends with a man at work a few years ago. We would talk daily & began discussing the problems in both of our current relationships. We never talked outside of work other than email. He told me he had separated from his wife. We started talking about seeing each other outside of work. I separated from my boyfriend. So at first we saw each other all the time, but still only communicating via email. Over time we saw each other less & only for sex. But we’ve been together for 10 months. I recently found out he never separated from his wife and when I asked him about it he said he feels tied to his life because they have a young child together. I felt terrible, being the “other woman”, but hurt because I was lied to and Ive grown to have feelings for him. I haven’t been with him since, but he says he still wants me in his life & does not want me with anyone else & tells me how much he worries & cares for me, I don’t know what to think or do about this situation.

Voyager
    Voyager
    Participant
    April 26, 2016 at 9:09 pm #98870

Honestly, he lied to you and it sounds like the relationship was fizzling out even without the lie. He’s now trying to cover up the fact that he lied and 10 months is plenty of time to say that he’s staying with his wife. It leaves you in a bad place from the sounds of it.

At this point you’ll have to decide if you can both forgive the lie and accept the fact that you’ll be dating him while he stays with and, presumably, still sleeps with his wife. Especially, if monogamy is something you’re attached to (not that it has to be). If you can’t accept both of those, then leave him and dump the mofo. There is nowhere for that relationship to go. You can’t make him leave his wife as that’s a choice he has to make for himself and doesn’t really sound like a choice he wants to make.

rahu123
    rahu123
    Participant
    April 27, 2016 at 7:56 pm #98992

you should move on to something better. if he really cared for you he wouldnt of lied in the first place knowing e would hurt u

Galm 1
    Participant
    April 27, 2016 at 8:35 pm #98996

forget that guy

Mylene
    Mylene
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 6:01 pm #100962

I think he’s just using you. Move on.