Confused and upset by girl's actions

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm #94035

I just had a girl end things after she was totally affectionate on Valentine’s Day. We were “that” couple. That was our first time reconnecting…she’d ended things initially after date 2. Her “half truth” (IMHO) explanation for wanting to see me again was she never gave us a fair chance. Career and family stresses, etc. She even wrote me a Valentine’s Day card telling me how special I make her feel (among other things) and asking me to be her valentine. The girl kept extending our day, and we spent 10 hours together! It was in her words “the perfect day.” I figured there was no way the whole day was an act. Two days later, the girl was totally normal at dinner…flirting, etc. She even brought up when she “starts spending the night at my place.” Then at the movies she completely changed and wanted nothing to do with me. The next day she ended things via text…WTF?! I don’t know if I should feel led on and used, or just chalk it up to an unstable person showing their true colors?

Anonymous
    February 22, 2016 at 5:54 am #94045

Probably, she’s just used you to have a good time or for all we know she could be mental.
    Move on and forget about it. Nothing can be done here.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 24, 2016 at 2:48 pm #94298

I think it’s the latter. She either 1.) has another man she’s dealing with or 2.) is playing mind games.

neuda17
    Participant
    February 24, 2016 at 3:03 pm #94302

Good luck man:/

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 26, 2016 at 3:40 pm #94521

Probably, she’s just used you to have a good time or for all we know she could be mental.
    Move on and forget about it. Nothing can be done here.

The more I think about it this is probably the case. I think someone ghosted her or ended things with her right before Valentine’s Day. She called me because we do have a great time together, and she got to feel like she was in a relationship for the day. I’m someone she knew would treat her the way she deserved, and she needed that ego boost. After that she went on one more date out of obligation, but her feelings hadn’t really changed. To knowingly toy with someone’s feelings is a horrible character trait, or at least horribly immature. Plus her words and actions were all over the place during the time we dated. Not the right person for me.

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 9:01 am #94522

I think it’s the latter. She either 1.) has another man she’s dealing with or 2.) is playing mind games.

See my response to Anonymous above. Your points are probably both applicable to my situation. She made me think she was interested again because something happened to hurt her ego right before Valentine’s Day. So she led me on in order to get her self-esteem back up. I have no doubt another guy or guys were involved. All of this adds up to someone I don’t want to be with.

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 9:02 am #94523

Good luck man:/

Haha, thanks. I’m moving on and went full no-contact as I always do.

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 29, 2016 at 9:02 am #94527

Agreed…see my response to Anonymous above. I do think there was another guy (or guys) in the picture, and they were responsible for the girl initially ending things, wanting to reconnect, and subsequently ending things again. Considering she toyed with my emotions, I’d say those were some serious mind games on her part.