Confused as hell

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confused as hell

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mr Clean 88
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 6:10 pm #82408
    Confused as hell

Okay, hopefully I can get some outside perspective on something because I am friggin baffled. I recently met a woman and we seem to click very well. She flirts and is pretty consistent with the physical contact (arm touching, hand on back, even tickling). I ask her out and we meet for drinks. Disaster strikes! When we arrive at the place that I chose, there’s a bunch of her coworkers there, so we spend the rest of the time with them. I get a friendly hug at the end. I ask her out again and she agrees but says that she has to check her schedule and she’ll get back to me. She never does. I say, what the hell, I’m not that invested, so I decide to move on. Then she starts with the flirting again and says that she owes me one. I ask her out again and she agrees and she totally flakes on me. Never calls back when I call to confirm and does not respond to texts. I go out of town for two weeks, and when I get back, she tells me how much she missed me and hints around about a date? WTF???

Mr Clean 88
    Participant
    July 8, 2015 at 6:13 pm #82410

Also, the date she hinted about was not really a date, but rather each of us meeting with our kids to see a movie. We are both divorced with one child each. Both around the same age. I told her that I planned on seeing the movie, but at a different theater than she was going to and left it at that.

Mr Clean 88
    Participant
    July 10, 2015 at 6:53 pm #82630

Update. Today she talks again about the movies and I cave and tell her I’ll meet her there. We then end up buying our tickets online and picking seats together. Basically I’m wondering if she was playing some sort of game and when I didn’t seem to get too hung up about it if this was her way of using the kids movie as an excuse to see me again. That’s what I’m kind of thinking, but also wondering if this is maybe just a play date for the kids. Also, just to clarify we work in the same building, but not for the same company. We’re on different floors altogether. I think if all goes well at the movie I’ll ask her out again. Thoughts anyone?

What_is_a_user
    What_is_a_user
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 5:01 am #82637

I don’t think it’s a deliberate game, but it is hard to sit with a murky situation like this. Some people are just weirdly close with physical contact among friends, some just change their minds and only show it in body language, and some just don’t think about what their doing. You probably won’t get an answer unless you bring it up explicitly with her.

ZLink9015
    Participant
    July 11, 2015 at 1:35 pm #82647

I don’t have any experience with divorced women with kids. But, I think she is trying to test you, and see how invested you can me. Worst thing IMHO is for her to bring you into her kid’s life only for you to leave later on. The fact that she asked you to go out with her kids and your kids, is probably to test the waters. Just my thoughts.

cookie86
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:12 am #82681

She’s not into you, move on