Confused as hell! What should I do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

helpplease
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 1:25 pm #59184

My ex and I were best friends for a few years before things got intimate. One day we realized we had more than friendship feelings for each other, and I made the first move by telling her how I felt. She responded by telling me she felt the same. I asked her out and we were so happy for a while. We dated for almost four years. We spent almost all of our time with each other whenever we could. We went to the same college and lived together for two years. Early in the relationship we started arguing and fighting a lot. I had a bit of an anger problem with her. I kept trying to make our relationship perfect while she was just trying to make me happy. Nothing seemed to work for a while. A few months ago, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and took it out on her. I got so frustrated I said I don’t want to be with you anymore and she agreed. So we discussed it more seriously and made it official. We both agreed we didn’t love each other anymore and we should break up. TBC

helpplease
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm #59185

However, she insisted to remain very close to me. We both agreed to be each other’s best friend again. We decided to do everything the same except for the fighting and romantic behaviors. We had a lease and shared a room for a month after the break up. We stopped all the romantic behavior until a few weeks later when she wanted to have sex, which we did and have almost regularly since. I’ve tried no contact, but she texts and calls me until I answer and sometimes she’ll call my friends and come by my house. She hates when I do that because she gets “worried.” After serious thought, I realized I am still in love with her and would like to fix our relationship. I told her how I felt. She said she’s confused and doesn’t know what she wants. Yet she wants me to sleep over her house every night because she likes sleeping next to me and still has sex with me. We talked a few times about this (I don’t want to push it.) She says that it’s not that she doesn’t want a TBC

helpplease
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm #59186

CONTINUED
    a relationship with me it’s because she doesn’t want a relationship right now. She just graduate from college and starting a new job and has a lot of stressors. I’ve been working in my anger and my own happiness because no one can rely on anyone to make them happy. I would like to get my relationship back because I do really care about her and love her. I would like to show her that I’ve changed and the past is in the past. Our new relationship won’t be like our old relationship because I do not want that back. She has an amazing personality and I love spending my time with her. i don’t know what to do.
    Please help