confused by his response help me confirm what he really means

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DaphneJ
    Participant
    October 11, 2017 at 7:08 pm #152520

told a guy I liked how I felt and my intentions. his first response was “Hey I’m really sorry I am just focusing on me right, I’ve had a rough last couple of months please dont take it personally.” which i took him a nicely saying I dont want to date you. I told him i understood and i respected his reason and thanked him for being honest. He agreed to be friends and then later , the topic had completely been changed, he sent this text” i just need time thanks for understanding, I’ve got a good deal at this new job so hopefully it works out. I view the 2nd statement as him saying I like you and i want to date you but i need time so wait for me and I will date you when I am ready. why would he, in my opinion, change his stance on everything, He never really said how he felt about me, skated around his feelings, so is he telling me that he has an interest in me but needs time to rebuild his life or is he not interested in me romantically at all?

blondygirl13
    Participant
    October 11, 2017 at 8:01 pm #152523

Just give him plenty of space girl to be honest , time will tell if he the one for you . Don’t show to much interest bc he might pull away . A real man will be there and will want a relationship .