Confused, hurt & feeling ugly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Blue Bella
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 11:08 pm #51590

He came to have BBQ dinner with family (1st time) on Good Friday & then Easter Sat we looked at display homes. Told sales people “we are just starting to look today”. After this I ask what his plans are for rest of day, he said he’d be having nap & then doing work on his computer.
    Later that afternoon I was bored & even though just had surgery wanted to do something except for sit at home. Text some friends I found one who was going to dance night & even though concerned about me going I told her the surgeon had said ok for me to dance, I just had take note of any pain. Turns out that she said to ask this same guy (he was going dancing too!) if there would be room in his car as he was driving. I did this without making issues or questioning why he told me he was doing something different. There was a group of friends going dancing that night & it was arranged that morning – why would he lie to me, was he just not mentioning it because he thought I wouldn’t be able to go..??

Blue Bella
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 11:10 pm #51591

So he didn’t want to rub it in my face or was he looking forward to time without me and prospecting other girls without me present..??
    On the way home we were jovially talking about being positive & giving compliments to people (daily)… he asked if I had given a compliment to anyone that day and I told him I’d given a compliment to my nephew. Then it was his turn to mention that he’d given a compliment to one girl at dance (he’d danced & hung with her for most of the night) & then he turned to the lady in the car & said “I gave you a compliment earlier tonight as well saying that you looked nice, didn’t I?” – WOW, that hurt… there I was sitting in the car almost in tears now & feeling pretty ugly, but I didn’t let him see how much he hurt me in that moment.
    I am confused & really hurting as how can he go from looking at houses with me to being so nasty in a couple of hours. I really wanted to do something that night with someone & didn’t mean to catch him out lying to me.