CONFUSED! Is it time to let it go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kayleeann
    kayleeann
    Participant
    April 29, 2016 at 2:52 pm #99271

I recently reunited with a friend who I knew 4 years ago but we lost contact when I went off to college. I was on break from school And when I was scrolling on facebook I seen his profile from when a friend on my facebook tagged him in a picture. I sent him a friend request and the next day he accepted it and wrote me saying he remembered me and we needed to catch up. So we agreed to hang out at my house and we ended up kissing that night. I started coming home every weekend from college so we can hang out. But I noticed he never talks to.me during the week at all he only talks to.me on Friday when he knows I’m coming. A couple weeks went by and he told me he really liked me and he wish we could have been together before I left for school. And then he asked me was interested in being he girlfriend. I wasn’t sure but we had knew each other for 5 years but we haven spoke to each.other in 4 years. I ended up saying yes a couple weeks later. So I’m thinking we are a couple bu

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by kayleeann kayleeann.
    kayleeann
    kayleeann
    Participant
    April 29, 2016 at 2:55 pm #99275

*continued*
    But when his friends call to see what he is doing so they can hang out he says he is hanging out with a friend and that he isn’t doing anything, and he ends up going to hang with his friends
    and all of a sudden he ignored me for two weeks but before he started ignoring I was telling him how my flat screen tv had broke because it had fell off my dresser while I was rearranging my room and he said he had a tv he was getting rid of that I could have it and he would bring it by. He just is just know texting me two.weeks later and simply said are you home I got the tv I was going to bring it by ?? Like what?? Idk what to do..

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by kayleeann kayleeann.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by kayleeann kayleeann.

Louie97
    Participant
    May 14, 2016 at 1:15 pm #100403

Mhmmm…I smell trouble. Red flag #1: Inconsistent communication- only talking to you on Fridays and not during the week?! That’s messed up. I don’t care how busy he is, if he genuinely cares for you he would try to contact you as much as possible.NOT just on the weekend. There is a possibility that he could be talking to other girls during the week and leaving you for the “Friday Hookup”. RED FLAG #2: He regards you as a “friend” to his peers- this part had me upset because it seems that behind closed doors you are the “girlfriend” he kisses and when he’s with his boys you are only a “friend”?!?! Girlllll….move on hear? He clearly does not see you as anything more than a weekend hook up and a little fling on the side who he does not deem as worthy enough to give you the title of “girlfriend” to his boys. Find someone who is proud to display you to their friends and loved ones…not someone who wants to keep you as a secret. YOU ARE PRECIOUS AND DESERVE BETTER!!!