Confused.. need dating advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ndadvice
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 9:01 am #67667

I need some opinions about a guy i just started (sort of) dating. We talked for a bit, met for a coffee. He asked me out the next weekend, it went really well (kissing but nothing else). We text a bit over that next week, but not much. Friday night after work he texts me that he is finally done and asked if i am free, i said no but i’m free the next day. He comes back with.. listen, i don’t see this going anywhere. SO, i write back thanks for letting me know. He is deleted. Move on. 2 days later.. i get a text from him asking to come over and help with something i’d been needing done. I basically say wtf. He says lets pls be friends. I make it VERY clear i don’t want a FWB and ask why he wasn’t feeling it before. He tells me not attracted to me, we didn’t click, not feeling it. Ok.. lets be regular friends then. (i’m a tough girl, i can handle rejection). He then buys dinner, acts like a bf, kisses me, and takes it all back. Says again he doesnt want anything causal either. thoughts?

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 10:32 am #67680

Ok wow a lot of mixed messages here, I think I’m just as confused about it as you are. Seems like he’s playing mind games or something. Could be wrong but maybe when you told him you weren’t available on the Friday night and would be the next day, he felt like he lost a bit of control or felt like he was coming on too strong?, I dated a guy once and he thought of himself as a hot shot because of his job and had a lot of girls interested in him. He didn’t like when I told him I wasn’t available on the nights he picked and would then back off and act not interested, but then ask me out again not long after. Your situation kind of reminded me of that. I would say maybe carry on texting him and go on another date and see how it goes. If it’s the same kind of thing again I’d would say he’s for sure playing games

shadowcat162
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm #67690

He’s either playing games or has some type of personality disorder. I’d say go out with him a 1 or 2 more times to get a feel for it. If you have any doubts afterwards, leave him.