Confused why I matter to her so much

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

leofcb
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 2:50 am #99361

I need some advice…

I have a coworker that just had a drunken meltdown with me. Long story short, she was drunk and crying and wondering why I haven’t spoke with her in 2 years. She accused me of hating her, thinking she was ugly and not cool, and then proceeded to accuse me of trying to use two of my other coworkers that are engaged. She wanted to know what was wrong with her.

I guess for the past 2 years, she has had numerous drunken nights where she cries about me not speaking with her anymore.

I’m confused as to why I matter so much to her. Even if I was to fallout of a relationship with a friend, I don’t think I would hold onto it for two years and have drunken crying fests. To me, logic would say she was into me. But she has slept around a lot and hooked up with other coworkers. I’m the one guy that gives her no attention, while everyone is busy trying to pass her around. So, is she into me or does she have some attention complex?

Claire84
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 11:41 am #99439

Maybe she has a secret crush on you. You need to ask her what is going on.

lonelybean
    Participant
    May 2, 2016 at 11:59 pm #99548

I have the same problem with coworker currently

AsAMatterOfFact
    AsAMatterOfFact
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 12:05 am #99549

Female here…

It’s more than a crush, she’s infatuated (or was) and it feels a lot like love.

You unfortunately and unknowingly put together the perfect storm that struck a chord with her. Much like what PsoulSpotting is saying.

You can tell her you just want to be friends, if you still see each other (but by all means DO NOT lead her on or flirt with her). If you haven’t seen her in 2 years I’d forget about it, she’s probably looking for attention from some other guy who she’ll end up going home with. Harsh? Maybe…

mjs12345
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 2:50 am #99557

Be honest and be nice and set everything clear from here on out don’t leave a grey area

leofcb
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 5:19 pm #99759

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking she was into me, but that I did create a perfect storm. Not sure how I feel about her. I find her very attractive, but don’t even look at her in the way of starting something serious with her. And I don’t want to be another guy on her list, which puts off the idea of hooking up with her. That would also probably create nothing but more problems.

Kevin
    Participant
    May 3, 2016 at 6:38 pm #99771

It means she likes you!