Confusing response to a simple ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Amethyst
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 2:01 pm #59111

Hi,
    In the beginning of our relationship my boyfriend was unbelievably romantic with all the right things to say which made us connect with a bang.
    We haven’t know each other more than 3 wks.. He told me he was my man in the process. We don’t see each other much. Met online and text mostly with some phone talk.
    Today I asked him just in a friendly flirty greeting text “Are you still my man.” Knowing him I expected a loving response. Instead he asked “Why would you ask that ?” I was a little taken back. It seemed a cold response. Or maybe is he thinking I contact you everyday. I openly and freely tell you I love you. Why do I need to ask a ? like that.
    I don’t know To me his response is loaded. Is something awry. Am I thinking too much because I didn’t get the response I was looking for. Don’t want to start any arguments in text.

AWill718
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 8:29 pm #59117

Relax and just keep things straight forward with him. Ask him where is this going from here and tell him your feelings. But be ready for a response you might or might not want to here

cjo0038
    Participant
    August 11, 2014 at 11:43 am #59158

Sometimes guys will say things that they think girls want to hear as a way to show interest and get them hooked. You’ve only known him for three weeks and he has already said I love you? I won’t be surprised if he has told you the same thing that he tells all girls that he meets, especially if he seems to have recollection of that reference. Him not responding the way you were hoping he would might actually be him finding someone else he is more interested in.