Confusing Signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confusing Signals

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

blurfan
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 9:24 pm #89772
    Confusing Signals

Hi,

So I am a graduate student in university and I have been after this girl for a few weeks. She gave me her number and we agreed to study together about four or five times. When we do, she seems to be very engaged and she throws in a flirt or two every now and then. However, I always start the texting conversations (which I don’t mind) and she never seems overly enthusiastic. There are an occasional “haha” or “lol” and explanation points but never any emojis. Plus, her replies are usually short and in cases when I don’t ask her a question, sometimes she never responds. Is this an indication that she isn’t interested after all or just that she is bad at texting and/or too busy?

LouisAP
    Participant
    December 10, 2015 at 12:30 pm #89896

Everyone has different texting styles, so it’s very difficult to read too much into that. I think the fact that she is friendly and flirty with you in person is a good sign that she would be open to being asked out. The reverse situation would be worse, if she were flirty while texting but aloof when in person. Your best bet may be to ask her to go for a drink after an exam. You can pass it off as blowing off steam between colleagues or push it further if that’s where things go.

glitteredwanderlust
    Participant
    December 10, 2015 at 6:56 pm #89926

Some people just don’t really like to express themselves through text

sexy4207
    Participant
    December 11, 2015 at 10:42 pm #89976

I see