Confusion after perfect date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JammerNumberOne
    Participant
    October 25, 2014 at 10:53 pm #66550

I met a girl online and we seemed to have a lot of the same interests. We met in person and got coffee and talked for over an hour. I can tell from our conversations that this girl has all the qualities I am looking for and is definitely marriage material. She is exactly the kind of person I have been looking for. The date seemed to go great. We had a lot of things in common and even our career paths are related. I have texted her twice since the date and she has never responded. They were simple “hey” and “How are you doing?” She works two jobs and goes to school so she is really busy. It is just hard for me to believe that someone that I felt such a connection with would not be interested. Advice or opinions welcome.

emm5555
    Participant
    October 25, 2014 at 11:06 pm #66552

Honestly, I would give her a few days but if she isn’t texting you back and hasn’t texted you back for 2 days I’m gonna say she probably isn’t into you. I’m sorry. Just because you felt chemistry doesn’t mean she did. Ya know?

Zalech13
    Participant
    October 26, 2014 at 7:19 pm #66571

For future reference, texting is L-A-M-E in this situation, bro. If you want to get a girl’s attention in this day and age, CALL her.

Not that I think that’s why she’s not interested. But texting instead of calling doesn’t help.

Bluerose
    Bluerose
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 6:08 am #66583

if i were you i’d call not text, but i guess she is not that into you if she doesn’t reply, because trust me if a girl likes you no matter how busy she is, she would reply or show interest

JammerNumberOne
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 8:27 am #66561

If she is not even willing to be friends with me then it really bothers me. I am super nice and I don’t see why she wouldn’t want that.

JammerNumberOne
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 8:27 am #66570

She seemed really interested in me too. I just don’t understand why she wouldn’t at least want to be friends and ignored my texts.

mattmando2
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 8:29 am #66569

I would probably send her a text after the date saying I had a good time and if she didn’t reply wait a day and send a text just saying something like how’s your day going. After that you have to leave it to her to reply and if she doesn’t she might not be interested unfortunately. Good luck though! Hope for the best but plan for the worst.. They always say it but there are plenty of others out there if this one doesn’t work, just have to be patient as hard as that is.

poncho
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 9:34 am #66604

I would wait a few more days and text her again.. Whatever you do , do not send an angry or whiney text.
    Keep it casual and say something ” Hey Susan, figured i drop you a line since we havent connected in a week. Just got back from a minivacation this weekend and now getting back into work again (sigh). Hope life is treating you well… let me know whats new with you!”

Good luck

shyactor
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 6:04 pm #66671

I’m in a very similar position. Good luck.

805guy
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 11:54 pm #66689
    Reply To: Confusion after perfect date

You should call her, leave a voicemail if she doesn’t answer. Tell her you had a good time chatting it up, and you’d like to take her to dinner this week (Sunday’s are good). Keep the call/voicemail simple and direct. Express interest without sounding whooped. If she doesn’t call you back, then you know for sure she’d moved on.

wind005
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 3:17 am #66696

Just want to ask a question, Do you really like her? If you do then just follow your heart and take the steps.

Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 7:38 pm #66754

If she liked you, she would be excited to get your text and probably respond sooner than later. She would want to send you positive signals in order to keep the lines of communication open. It’s possible she’s too busy, but is it worth pursuing a relationship if she can’t even respond to your messages?