Confusion need advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Confusion need advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fard
    fard
    Participant
    April 19, 2013 at 12:15 pm #29172
    Confusion need advice

I met a woman through a mutual friend at a weekend get together. We had wonderful conversation and we planned on meeting this upcoming weekend or perhaps lunch early next week.

She told me her daughter who is 34 would be accompanying us. (We decided on a lunch date). Is that normal? Does she feel threatened by me? I don’t know why she needs a nanny if we’re merely going on a date to get to know each other. Any help appreciated. I don’t know if I should tell her I would prefer a one on one date, no family members allowed.

BenK72
    Participant
    April 29, 2013 at 6:48 pm #29925

I think it’s fair for you to ask to go alone, unless there’s so valuable reason why she needs her daughter there. Some woman are best friends with there daughters, no matter how old their kid is. I suggest being honest but say it politely as to not hurt her feelings.

wtop0_0
    Participant
    April 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm #30117

Hmm, do you know when the last time was that she dated? Could be reason for nerves if she wasn’t someone to accompany her.

BrightEyes
    BrightEyes
    Participant
    May 1, 2013 at 6:41 pm #30221

I’m a woman and think this is a fair thing to ask. We’re more fragile to these things after not being in the dating scene so it’s tough to put yourself out there. I would at least ask her to be dropped off. If you’re in a public area maybe her daughter can still be in the area instead of just going home during the date.

fard
    fard
    Participant
    May 3, 2013 at 4:23 pm #30409

Thank you all for your advice. We went on the date before I could log into my email and see your responses but I thought I would update you all. In the end her daughter did NOT come. She had to take care of her little girl who unexpectedly got a really bad flu.

The date was wonderful. Kind woman, warm heart. We discussed the possibility of her daughter initially coming and it turns out my date also didn’t like the idea. Guess it was her daughter’s idea.

BenK72
    Participant
    May 9, 2013 at 12:51 pm #30826

Well that’s good news. Now her daughter doesn’t have to worry about her, worked out in both of your favors.

arjones22
    Participant
    May 10, 2013 at 9:00 pm #31012

I am glad to hear that this date turned out well. Have you two met a second time?

fard
    fard
    Participant
    May 13, 2013 at 6:07 pm #31078

We did, thank you for asking. We’ve been in contact for a few weeks and have met only once after the first date. She has a part time job and I work a lot around my house but we’ve been friendly and call each other every other day to see how each other is doing. So far, a nice start to a friendship, she lives on her own and doesn’t do much away from family and work so I’d like to take her out again sometime soon. thank you for your kind words.

Casting
    Participant
    May 30, 2014 at 4:17 pm #54154

I dont agree

robsolb
    Participant
    October 10, 2014 at 11:37 pm #65698
    Reply To: Confusion need advice

I think u are doing very well . good luck.

Confounded478
    Confounded478
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 3:29 pm #86181
    Reply To: Confusion need advice

I find it odd that she would bring her daughter.