Contacting someone 6 months later

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daphne88
    Participant
    August 25, 2013 at 3:33 pm #37706

A few months ago, as I was leaving the grocery store I met a guy, we chatted for a while and he gave me his number. For whatever reason I never contacted him which had nothing to do with him…I was leaving town the next day for a few weeks and had a lot going on in my life. The other week I was going thru my phone and saw his number but figured so much time has passed that it would be weird contacting him now. Any advice/thoughts?

purplerider
    Participant
    August 29, 2013 at 6:06 am #37985

Depends. He must have thought enough of you to start up a conversation with you. He must not have made much of an impression on you, because 6 months later, you’d like to talk with him again. Now, To me, that’s cold. You wern’t willing to make room in your life to give him five minutes of your time for a simple phone call? If it were me, the first thing I’d think of when you called back would be, “when are you going throw me under the bus?” A lot can happen in six months time. If he had enough confidence to talk with you, an attractive, but complete stranger, he’s moved on, and you’re old news. Then, two, if he drops whom he may be seeing for you, then you’d better be ready to be “thrown under the bus.” Because he’s just as inconsiderate as you are.

Anonymous
    August 30, 2013 at 3:42 am #37997

see…it depends…how you really feel for that guy…if you really want to establish a good contact with him then go ahead and call him and without calling him would leave you stressed….

Sid Arthur
    Sid Arthur
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:16 pm #40044

Why not? You will never know unless you call. What do you really have to loose? Does it outweigh what you could gain? Give it a shot.