Contacting your Online date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

1892Guy
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 5:34 am #141405

Hi All

I have (hopefully) a very simple situation that i’d like to run by people to get their opinions.

In the week I went on a 2nd date with a Woman I met on a dating site (we are both mid 30s). The date went pretty well and she mentioned several times whilst we were out that she enjoyed it. I asked her to let me know that she got home ok, which she did and also again said she enjoyed the evening.

I sent her a message later that night saying that I’d enjoyed it to and asked if she would like to meet again.

That was 2 days ago and she hasn’t replied yet. I was wondering if people (especially women) thought if it would be appropriate to send a follow up message, say at the end of the weekend or should I just assume she had a good time but isn’t interested? BTW all our communication is still via the dating site as we haven’t swapped numbers or anything.

nycdancer3
    nycdancer3
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 5:42 pm #141437

Glad to hear you had two great dates. The biggest problem I see is you didn’t swap numbers! You should have definitely asked for her number during/after the first date so you could ask her out for a second date in a more personal way. I honestly might not think a guy in that situation is that interested in me if so but it may be as simple as she may not be checking her profile online. I think that’s something (if this doesn’t work out) that should help you going forward. I think you should send a follow up message but make sure to say something different in it than the your last one (maybe you guys talked about doing something together on one of the dates or she shared an activity she really likes to/type of food she likes). I would also ask for her number to make communication easier. The worst thing that will happen is she won’t respond or she’ll say she’s not interested. You don’t want to be dating a woman that doesn’t like you so then you can move onto to someone who is! Good luck!