Conversationally inept

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Conversationally inept

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nomennescio
    Participant
    June 10, 2016 at 7:12 pm #103210
    Conversationally inept

I’ve had profiles on online dating sites for a while, and since I’ve recently lost a lot of weight I’ve noticed my profile has received more attention. I’ve even gotten a few responses. However it soon fizzles out I’m guessing b/c I’m not good at talking to people. Is there a way to improve your social skills?

blackswag06
    Participant
    June 11, 2016 at 4:39 pm #103212

Start talking to people at your work or school (I dont know how old you are) It might help

sophia
    sophia
    Participant
    June 11, 2016 at 8:16 pm #103218

Please provide age range and gender

the key is not to engage in live chats…because when you don’t know the person and don’t have much to go on it can get very boring very fast. Heres what you do, don’t respond to the message right away, think of your response make it witty if you can, go back to their profile and find things in it and try to relate that way but don’t lie or fake it..like if they say their fave movie is American Beauty don’t pretend to like it too (unless you do) just ask why it is their fave. people love to explain why they love the things they love, it brings out happy passionate feelings which makes them feel good about talking to you. ask them about themselves people love to talk about themselves, don’t make it sound like an interrogation, give room between questions. when they answer pay attention to the answer and bring up some of the info indirectly next time you chat so they know they’re not just another profile

sophia
    sophia
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 7:13 am #103219

And try to stay positive in your conversation, DONT COMPLAIN about anything, no body likes a negative nelly, before you send your message read it and eliminate anything that makes you sound negative. GOOD LUCK : )

AHootVenture
    Participant
    August 6, 2016 at 6:42 pm #107724

Don’t beat yourself up. Your probably fine talking to people. I have a lot of friends, was married for over 20yrs, family, I love to meet new people even join social event groups etc. My point is I am having the same issues. I get emails and then they disappear off the face of the earth. It seems there isn’t many sincere people on these sites truly looking for a relationship.