Could we be a thing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Could we be a thing?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SeaShells
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 9:10 am #92543
    Could we be a thing?

I met her in November at a show and when she and her friend left she came to me and asked for my name. I sent her a message on Facebook, which resulted in us chatting, adding each other on Facebook and exchanging numbers. We would casually, and sometimes unexpectedly, meet up once a week with friends and if we are at the same place we would usually spend the whole night in each others company. As luck would have it, her family went to the same place for the holidays as we did and she joined me and my friends a few times there as well. Coming back from holiday, I would invite her along to parties etc and she invited me to a club with her alone this weekend. People have started to ask me if we were dating and I said no because technically we aren’t. I don’t even know if she likes me in that way, although I have THE BIGGEST crush on her. Since we’ve met, we literally talk every day. Some days she’ll start the conversation and some days I’ll start.

Are we a thing? How can I ask her out?

gps2016
    gps2016
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 11:53 am #92549

Sounds like you could be to me. Just ask her out, don’t stress about it. I don’t know how you guys are talking every day, but just tell her you’d love to take her out to dinner sometime.

If she’s into you, she’ll agree without hesitation. If not, then onto the next one.

Kelscas92
    Kelscas92
    Participant
    March 1, 2016 at 7:57 pm #94749

I’m pretty sure I’ve found myself in this situation multiple times especially being a femme. Most girls don’t know I’m crushing on them while others do and those girls make my life so much easier. To answer your question, yes you can possibly be a thing. Can you ask her out? Well to save yourself the humiliation and embarrassment of rejection, you can keep your dignity by first finding out if she knows you are into girls. If that already has been cleared, my advice to you is figure out if she likes girls too. Since us females are extremely complicated creatures, she might like girls but find out which type of girl. Butch, femme, tomboy, stud etc. If you find yourself in the same category of the type of girl she is attracted to, then its time to use your smooth criminal skills lol. Coming out of the friend zone is what everyone has tough time with no matter if you’re into guys or girls.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    March 1, 2016 at 10:32 pm #94750

If you don’t feel like you’re normal friends you’re probably more than that. Intuition works.