Cracking The Shell

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Cracking The Shell

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

slaad
    Participant
    February 24, 2018 at 12:40 am #166394
    Cracking The Shell

So here’s the situation…

I’m a senior in college, last week at work a new girl got hired at where I work. She was a cute girl, with a beautiful smile, and to go along with all of this, she seems to have her life together! (Honestly the most attractive thing about her haha).

I never saw her before that night. And I didn’t say a word to her at all that night! Anyhow, the next day she sends me a Facebook friend request, I accepted it. I reached out and congratulated her on the new position, and left it at that. Now in the time since then, The couple of times I have saw her she has always initiated contact, whether it be a genuine smile, or just a hello. Last night at our work meeting we ended up making eye contact a few times too.

I decided shes a girl I’m going to pursue. One flag I noticed though was her stance towards relationships/guys. On social media she always has stuff about not being fond of them right now, like over the top haha. For example she was recently at

slaad
    Participant
    February 24, 2018 at 12:48 am #166395

Wedding, and her post was a picture of her and a friend, it said “Love is in the air, but I’m keeping my breath closed.” I’ve saw and met many girls like her before. Usually it is because guys treated them poorly in the past that they develop this attitude, or so I think haha.

So here’s where I am at. I decided I am going to ask her if she wants to go grab a drink, after the meeting. I feel my biggest challenge ahead is getting the opportunity to make her realize who I am as a person. None of you know me, but I have always been told I am a great guy with a good head on my shoulders, one of the far and few in-between crowd for modern aged college men hahaha.

So I guess I am just looking for advice on how to get the opportunity to meet up and get to know her! I’m not expecting anything, but I just want to be able say I tried, rather then wonder “what if?” Is asking to grab a drink together is a good approach? OR should I go about meeting up with her in a different manner?
    Thanks

WaHazlehurst1994
    Participant
    February 27, 2018 at 5:36 pm #166529

I would recommend possibly just asking her for lunch or coffee or something, specifically anything to keep it inevitably brief so she doesn’t feel anxious about getting awkward if she finds the date boring, it basically means she has less to lose if she takes you up on your offer.

Please bear in mind I have absolutely no dating experience myself but this was some advice my sister (who is married) gave me once, and it’s an approach I took on the one time I did ask a woman out (which was politely rejected.) Good luck!