Crushing on a Guy I knew 20 Years Ago

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

beebee
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 4:46 pm #100018

So here’s my problem… got back into contact with a guy I went to high school with. He popped up on FB and I wrote him. We actually met up this last week for drinks with his buddy & his wife. My crush, was a bit tipsy, but totally harmless (he’s currently just filed for divorce from his wife). It was fun. He ended up coming back to my house (no hook up happened). We just kissed. He tells me during the make-out session, he doesn’t even know how to date. I’m the second girl he’s ever kissed (his wife/ex is his high school sweetheart). Next day we text and he said he had fun, and that was three days ago. I don’t want to push him as he’s going through sooo much right now. His ex doesn’t want the divorce and he does. He’s a great guy, but am I totally wasting my time? Would it be wrong for me to ask him out again? Or do I have to be patient and just wait this out. Thought I might send him a text that says ” I’d like to see you again, can we make that happen?” Need advice…

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  beebee.
    kellyharmon25252
    kellyharmon25252
    Participant
    May 14, 2016 at 3:56 pm #100411

You should definitely ask him out

Stella07
    Stella07
    Participant
    May 15, 2016 at 11:12 am #100438

It kinda sounds like he is rebounding. I would be friends with him for awhile and see what happens but it’s way too soon to initiate him getting into dating again