Cursed of being single forever?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sports_fan2015
    Participant
    May 23, 2015 at 7:23 pm #79677

Hi,

I’m 20 yrs old and never had a girlfriend before. All of high school not one girl wanted to talk to me so I start getting depressed. So I joined POF.com which is very depressing. The 1st girl I talk to on there talked to me for 3 months and the day before the 1st date she cancels and said she wants to be friends even though we were still friends on facebook I saw that she chose another guy over me. The next couple years on there was girls leading me on to build their ego. Next was my best friends sister who I had a crush on for a couple months. She went through a very bad breakup so I tried to cheer her up. We did go on a date and she said she liked spending time with me that day. When I asked her to consider me for a relationship she said she doesnt want to date for a LONG while. I’m I cursed of being single forever?

jh2394
    Participant
    May 23, 2015 at 10:46 pm #79679

I know it may sound cliche but you need to keep your head up. As long as you keep trying to meet people something is bound to work out. And from my experience its never a good idea to get involved with someone whose just come out of a relationship. Has never ended well for me

RaidenMo
    Participant
    May 25, 2015 at 8:54 pm #79709

Hey dude I got 4 words for you do not give up! Keep trying you sound like a nice guy you just need to be more confident that’s all. Stop joining dating sites go out to nightclubs, and look for a girl everyone has someone that likes him but doesn’t know it… and remember looks don’t matter, money doesn’t matter it’s your heart that does.

Nickf
    Nickf
    Participant
    June 1, 2015 at 7:02 pm #79961

Dont worry man , i was 22 when i had my first gf. I was such a late bloomer, and never really started chasing girls until the later years of Uni. Everyone has their own timeline!

Angelique98
    Angelique98
    Participant
    June 6, 2015 at 3:13 pm #80336

I think you are too desperate for girls in general, and that can give you an uncomfortable aura.
    Your body language WILL give away if you are unconfident in some way, and that is a disadvantage for everyone.

You may want to try to focus on other things in life for a while, until you don’t feel too much of an urge to meet girls.
    In fact, the less you “want” a girlfriend, the more likely you will be to get one eventually, because if you seem happy with yourself and enjoy other things in life then this will make you appear more attractive on all points you can imagine.

StrictlySaucers
    Participant
    June 7, 2015 at 1:12 am #80348

Hey sports_fan. What do you like to do for fun? I hear this a lot, but it’s true. Girls like guys that have their own interests. It’s good to learn more about yourself and find a hobby you enjoy. This will help you build confidence, look more independent, and create interest and attraction. You may end up meeting a girl who has the same main interests as you.

VincentP98
    Participant
    June 7, 2015 at 5:45 pm #80362

Maybe making yourself desirable could help a lot. Try hitting the gym and bulking up.

Badass
    Badass
    Participant
    June 7, 2015 at 6:16 pm #80364

I would say, you had some bad luck. I look at dating as a numbers game. Can you expect to find a soulmate after one date, or meeting 10 girls. It sounds cliche but work on making yourself happy, women pick up on your happy vibes, and you will be more secure in yourself. So maybe take a moment to make yourself happy. I’m reading calling in the one. It’s for women, but it has great stuff for either gender. It focuses on clearing your baggage, and loving yourself, I see a big difference already. So, don’t worry! And from my own opinion, give the women your dating some time before you pop a relationship question. You can’t get to know someone so quickly, and expect them not to be frightened away. Give it over a month, then ask. Play it cool first, and remember you are deciding if you like these girls too! Weigh your options. You got this!

MysticalM24
    MysticalM24
    Participant
    June 8, 2015 at 3:18 am #80380
    Reply To: Cursed of being single forever?

Just be yourself and keep looking, you’re bound to find someone. I’ve heard that once you stop looking is when you actually stumble upon someone, just don’t give up.

randomdude8727
    Participant
    June 12, 2015 at 2:31 pm #80808

Listen – you are a guy. That means that you have a tremendous ability to improve. It doesn’t matter how ugly your face is, if you are 200 pounds of muscle with <8% body fat, you WILL get a girlfriend.

Hit the gym 3 hours per day for the next 3 months. Just think of the abercrombie models. If you workout enough to look like them (6 pack abs, etc.) you will have no problem getting women.

Also, ask yourself why you don’t have a girlfriend. Do you have difficulty making conversation? Read some magazines and find hobbies to have things to talk about. Do you drive a shitty car? Lease a BMW. What would you rather have? $300/month to spend on McDonald’s or a BMW and girlfriend?

Anonymous
    June 14, 2015 at 10:28 am #80856

Focus on developing yourself into the most attractive version of yourself. Girls find men with ambitions and visions attractive. Men need a direction in life which is not all about girls. Work towards your mission and you will find girls coming along for the ride.

FlyingAce
    FlyingAce
    Participant
    June 14, 2015 at 9:02 pm #80864

Hang in there buddy! To be honest I’m actually the same age as you and have been single my whole life. I’ve actually met someone recently and we’ve just started talking. The reason I mentioned this is because what I feel helps with finding a girl is if you just be yourself and keep a positive attitude. Girls really like to be around a guy who is full of optimism.

The Truth
    Participant
    October 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm #153547

Well with so many women unfortunately that like sleeping around with all different men all the time which makes them real whores anyway. So how in the world would these type of very pathetic low life loser women be able to commit to only one man anyway? And most women now just like to party all the time and get wasted altogether since this is the only thing that they’re very good at doing now today. Just like that song that started it all in the past back in the 70’s that said, so many men, so little time, how can they choose.

pens1863
    Participant
    October 23, 2017 at 8:40 am #153647

You are only 20 years old so don’t be so hard on yourself. I definitely would not say you are cursed. I know you probably don’t want to hear this but it’s true: just try to be yourself. You seem like a nice person. There will be some girl that will be attracted to you. If she’s descent, she will see that your a good guy. Just try to talk to as many girls as possible. And if nothing works out, then stay positive: at least you practiced talking to girls. That in turn should help your confidence. Somerhing is bound to work out eventually. Good luck!

jthunder1989
    Participant
    October 23, 2017 at 1:45 pm #153737

I’m 27 and I’ve only seriously dated one person. You need to find yourself at that age. Date around, see what you like in a partner. It will work out! Just have hope!

1 2