DATING ADVICE FORUM

Cute coworker who keeps bringing up ex-girlfriends

Author
    Comments

• soniccats
    Participant
    August 5, 2016 at 2:32 am #107595
    Cute coworker who keeps bringing up ex-girlfriends

Hi! Recently we have gotten a new guy at work who I have worked a couple shifts with. The first one he was nice to me and respectful, but kept his distance as there were other coworkers one of whom was his main trainer. Yesterday, we had a training shift together where it was just the two of us, and he was super nice again, but more personal. He seemed to constantly bring up ex-girlfriends and something crazy each one did, why it didn’t work out with a different one, even compared two others as to one being too paranoid and the other not calling him out on his BS often enough, and he seemed to appreciate I understood that. He didn’t make too many dirty jokes unless I prompted him but also mentioned he just broke up with a girl and likes freedom. He even stated something along the lines of “I’m sure you’ve dated quite a few guys,” seeming to imply that I am somewhat desirable. What signals is he sending me?? We have another shift soon – should I initiate something or just hope he will?i

dogparkjunkie1
    Participant
    August 5, 2016 at 1:45 pm #107636

Sounds like he’s attracted to you but doesn’t know if he’s interested. If he did just get out of a relationship he may be looking for a rebound girl not another relationship. I’d be a little flirty and get to know him better. This will give him some time to adjust to his freedom, his attraction to you and decide if he wants more. If he hasn’t asked you out after a few more shifts together then invite him to join you somewhere and see what he says.