Date evaluation! Im overthinking and need some perspective

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jess1904
    Participant
    January 8, 2014 at 10:21 pm #45882

So I had this date with a girl in one of my classes. We don’t really know each other that well but she wanted to cook dinner for me for the first date. So I get there and its a bit awk in the beginning cuz we don’t know each other that well. But after she invited me to her room to watch a movie (which had extremely inappropriate sex scenes…yes) then I felt her getting closer to me and felt her looking at me sometimes. but nothing happened. Then she taught me some words in french (one of them was “give me a kiss” and another “I will break your face”) which i found funny. but ya nothing happened and when I left I gave her a kiss and asked to hang out again. She said yes and mayb she could cook dinner for me again. Basically I left and I texted her thanks for tonight and that I would’ve kissed her more but i was afraid she couldn’t handle it (little joke). And then she thanked me for coming and said that she was a bit awk because she was nervous and laughed. then she said goodnight.

Jess1904
    Participant
    January 8, 2014 at 10:22 pm #45883

To lighten the mood I texted her the french phrase she told me of I will break your face and laughed and said goodnight.
    But I texted her 2 days later and she is not responding for 2 days (BTW shes horrible at texting! like she takes forever but never this long) so idk did i mess it upp?? or do you think she’ll still be interested in seeing me again?

ka69
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 11:30 pm #66688

i don’t think you did anything wrong. it’s human nature to be awkward. and obviously you weren’t the only one feeling that way. just give it a little bit and see how things go. just be yourself and try to relax and just get to know her. if she’s worth it she’ll see past the awkwardness.