Timeless Date Ideas

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Timeless Date Ideas

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm #15508
    Timeless Date Ideas

Meeting at a loud bar isn’t as inviting anymore. There’s got to be a better place to meet up, but where?

ATL404
    ATL404
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 8:39 am #15734

hahahah in my basement

steamroller78
    steamroller78
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 5:07 pm #15806

dinner and a movie works fine. people say it’s lame but I’m paying $20 on movie tickets and most likely a solid $50-80 for dinner (if it’s somewhere nice)

SoupForTheSoul
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 5:30 pm #15816

ATL404: gross.

steamroller78: yeah, it can be nice. I think older women probably perfer a more relaxed experience, anyway.

Taylor55
    Taylor55
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 11:24 am #16272

steamroller78 wrote:dinner and a movie works fine. people say it’s lame but I’m paying $20 on movie tickets and most likely a solid $50-80 for dinner (if it’s somewhere nice)

It’s true we have all spent a surplu s amount of money to treat our ladie s right. It all comes around though. I like seeing Women take the reign ssometimes but I would always prefer to traet her to dinner on a first date.

eitherhere
    eitherhere
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 5:21 pm #17090

dinner and drinks, have someone pick you up later, avoid a DUI

Jason
    Jason
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 11:27 am #17200

I think little things like putt-putt after dinner or something like that is always fun. Gives time to chat where movies do not.

capers
    capers
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 6:21 pm #17257

putt putt is a good idea! I always like the idea of a picnic, its so romantic

ATL404
    ATL404
    Participant
    November 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm #17400

Going to see a local band neither of you have heard would be fun. If it’s good, that’s great, but if they’re bad, it’s still something to laugh at together

englishsunset
    Participant
    November 27, 2012 at 7:28 pm #17416
    Reply To: Timeless Date Ideas

Dances of any sort are great. I’ve met wonderful women at local Contradances. Small house concerts are also good places to go. Music jams are always lots of fun and full of interesting people.

spoodle
    Participant
    December 3, 2012 at 2:17 pm #17982

Dances of any sort are great. I’ve met wonderful women at local Contradances. Small house concerts are also good places to go. Music jams are always lots of fun and full of interesting people.

I agree with you on this. Music can bring a variety of people together. Like those who come to a show for the first time and those who are dedicated fans. Put those two kinds of people in one room, there can be a variety of outcomes!

AngelsFly
    AngelsFly
    Participant
    December 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm #18108

I’m always looking for places that I won’t get into too much trouble with alcohol or end up in a bad neighborhood. When I go on dates I’m constantly thinking about my kids and if something happens I’d need to leave the date pronto so I can get to them.

kenzie
    Participant
    December 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm #18518

I’m always looking for places that I won’t get into too much trouble with alcohol or end up in a bad neighborhood. When I go on dates I’m constantly thinking about my kids and if something happens I’d need to leave the date pronto so I can get to them.

That’s good you keep your kids in mind while on a date. Some parents think it’s ok to constantly meet people without considering their children.

CleoKnows
    CleoKnows
    Participant
    January 23, 2013 at 11:20 am #21021

I recently went to my local farmers market with a girlfriend of mine and i saw a lot of couples there. I thought, this would be a nice place to go out on a date with someone 🙂

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 12:20 pm #26219

Cynthia – Personally I don’t think a loud bar ever was inviting on a first date, at any age. Bars and nightclubs are either for going out with a bunch of friends or for picking up new women, not for going out on a first date. I’ve also always had a strict rule about not going to a movie on a first date. After all first dates are about fun conversation and getting to know each other, and how can you possibly do that if you are both staring at a big screen (or listening to loud music). And although I have nothing against occasionally having a drink or two with diner on a first date to loosen things up, I’m simply not interested in a girl who feels she MUST have alcohol in her to get through a date.
    Also, being a sporting outdoors sort of guy I like to plan a lot of daytime out door first dates, such as going to the beach. I know that in the old days girls would often only plan daytime first dates if they weren’t sure about a guy or if they wanted to send the message that they are only interested in friendship. So of course there is always the chance that a women will think that this is why I’m doing it as well but I just don’t care. I’m mostly interested in conversation on a first date so the location of the date has to be conducive to this. Anyway if we really hit it off these daytime dates will often carry on into the night and a nice dinner and maybe some drinks. Of course sometime I’ll still start off with the traditional dinner date as well. It just depends on my mood at the time and my date’s availability.
    Also I should mention that since the advent of all these dating shows on TV a lot of people feel under pressure to think up new and original date idea that are as unique and original as those on the these shows, which is fine. But the truth is if you’re both fun people and you’re very compatible you can have a blast no matter where you are or what you’re doing.