date or hang out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

date or hang out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vvmackvv
    Participant
    September 7, 2014 at 1:24 am #60853
    date or hang out?

i know i posted this on women’s topic. just wanted to get your point of view. thanks!

so there’s this girl that i really like (she doesn’t know i like her, but hopefully she has an idea)that ive been inviting all the time to do some fun stuff but she hasn’t hang out with me because of work or other commitment. so couple days ago i asked her if she still wants to go to the thing that i told her. she said cant make it because of work, so she suggested another time and day that could work out for us to hang out and i said thats sounds good, she also said il buy you dranks becuase i owe you and i replied ” alright dranks on dranks on dranks then” with the funny smiley.. is this more like a hang out for her ? or date ? also, what should we talk about to avoid that awkward silence.

emmag3
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 5:22 pm #61726

If she usually goes out and drinks/parties a lot, she probably just wants to hang out. If not, this sounds like a date to me!

To avoid awkward silences, you should talk about casual things like her day and then gradually get into more intimate and flirty things. As you start getting more flirty you’ll be able to see if it’s more of a date for her according to her reactions.

push93
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 8:14 pm #61746

Sounds like a date, if she wants to spend time with you, I’d say that is good.

beatrice
    beatrice
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 4:05 am #61751

Cant really tell if it a date or just hang out. But since she is making up to you it sounds like a date. enjoy this moment, and see the upcoming. go! And good luck!:)

snowman1991
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 10:55 am #61782

To me date or hanging out is pretty much the same and for friends I know pretty much the same

janis7244
    Participant
    September 11, 2014 at 12:47 pm #61789

If she made the effort to suggest another date that works for her, she’s interested. She wouldn’t offer to pay for drinks either if she didn’t like you.

TheHype
    Participant
    September 12, 2014 at 12:41 pm #61875

Just ask her if shed like to go on a date. Be straight forward. It also gives her a sense that youre a confident man.

KittyHammer
    KittyHammer
    Participant
    September 15, 2014 at 8:45 am #61931

“so there’s this girl that i really like (she doesn’t know i like her, but hopefully she has an idea)”
    She doesn’t have an idea.
    Do you want the truth or the Hollywood answer?
    First the Hollywood answer: She likes you…she is just being a tease and is very busy.
    “also, what should we talk about to avoid that awkward silence.”
    Here’s the secret: Let the awkward silence happen. What ever is on your mind will be a topic or what is around you. That is the best way to keep a conversation going.
    STOP HERE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE THE TRUTH.

…Still going to read it anyway? Alright, I tried.
    She does not see you as a priority. She knows you are very shy “girls have a powerful sense for this.” It is better that you move on unless…you want to lose more time pursuing her. If you want to reverse this in the future: Take a risk and express your desire in the beginning.

douchebagneedshelp
    douchebagneedshelp
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 5:02 pm #62076

pretty sure its a hangout and not a date..but that doesn’t mean a hangout can turn in to something more.

I have had guys do this to me and usually used the I am busy because a) I don’t want to see you or b) I wouldn’t mind hanging out but like previous person said you are not a priority. When I feel someone wants to go on a date with me like you just described yet without making an official date offer, its sometimes stressful to know that the guy is going to want it to be a date from the start whereas I either don’t want it to be a date or don’t know yet. Buying my own drinks would mean I don’t want you to treat it as a date, instead having it be just like if I hung out with anyone else.

If the guy I don’t know buys me drinks then its a date but if I pay for myself its neutralizing it.

vvmackvv
    Participant
    September 17, 2014 at 10:19 pm #62082
    Reply To: date or hang out?

“so there’s this girl that i really like (she doesn’t know i like her, but hopefully she has an idea)” She doesn’t have an idea. Do you want the truth or the Hollywood answer? First the Hollywood answer: She likes you…she is just being a tease and is very busy. “also, what should we talk about to avoid that awkward silence.” Here’s the secret: Let the awkward silence happen. What ever is on your mind will be a topic or what is around you. That is the best way to keep a conversation going. STOP HERE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE THE TRUTH. … … … … …Still going to read it anyway? Alright, I tried. She does not see you as a priority. She knows you are very shy “girls have a powerful sense for this.” It is better that you move on unless…you want to lose more time pursuing her. If you want to reverse this in the future: Take a risk and express your desire in the beginning.

how do i change that? to maker her im a priority