"Date" with Ex

DATING ADVICE FORUM

"Date" with Ex

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    May 31, 2017 at 4:55 pm #138056
    "Date" with Ex

My ex and I broke up over a year ago. I told him I wouldn’t reach out to him because the last two years of our five years together was me doing all the work and he needed to ignite out what he wanted. He never thought I would leave because I let him get away with everything under the sun. Since then every communication has been initiated from him. Recently he’s become more communicative and even asked me out for coffee. He picked this Saturday and even picked the place. For the time he said, let’s aim for 7-8. That was last Saturday and we are three days away from meeting. I don’t know know if it’s 7 or 8 and don’t want to text him to ask. I really think he’ll each out by Friday but what do I do if he doesn’t?

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 31, 2017 at 7:31 pm #138070

It sounds like he took you for granted when you were dating, honestly, he should have been more specific. I would wait he should confirm it with you but if he doesn’t get back to you, I would not show up I would call the restaurant and see if he is there If you do go there go with a friend and if he is there and everything is ok then your friend could always leave. Just play it safe

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 5:20 pm #138494

We went out this past weekend and it went great. He kept saying how amazing I look and what great company I am. He even said we’ll do this again hopefully very soon and when we hugged goodbye he kept pulling me back in. I texted him thank you a couple hours later and he mentioned that we should of done dinner. I said dinner would of been fun and he named a restaurant and asked if I’ve been there. It was pretty late at this point so he didn’t say anything else. My bday is coming up I haven’t heard from him since, been two days, anyone have any insight?

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 5:58 pm #138499

You’ve been in a relationship with the guy where he didn’t pay enough attention to you. Now he has to show you that he has the interest.
    On the other hand attention in a healthy relationship is a 2-way street. If he thinks he might be pushing you too much and the communication is getting 1-sided with him taking the initiative all the time now, he might back off.

Try looking through your communication and check if there’s a roughly equal exchange.

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 10:35 am #138503

When we broke up he made it clear he wanted to do the pursuing if we were to get back together. I don’t want to be pushy or make him feel like less of a man. It was made clear that I would not be making any first moves until we are officially back together when we broke up. Every time he has reached out I’ve responded and even this past weekend I agreed that next time sounds great. I feel like I need to be patient but am wondering. Would a guy say all that he did and have been so endearing and into me only to become uninterested in a day?

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 10:43 am #138504

When we broke up he made it clear he wanted to do the pursuing if we were to get back together. I don’t want to be pushy or make him feel like less of a man. It was made clear that I would not be making any first moves until we are officially back together when we broke up. Every time he has reached out I’ve responded and even this past weekend I agreed that next time sounds great. I feel like I need to be patient but am wondering. Would a guy say all that he did and have been so endearing and into me only to become uninterested in a day?

You’ve been in a relationship with the guy where he didn’t pay enough attention to you. Now he has to show you that he has the interest.
    On the other hand attention in a healthy relationship is a 2-way street. If he thinks he might be pushing you too much and the communication is getting 1-sided with him taking the initiative all the time now, he might back off.

Try looking through your communication and check if there’s a roughly equal exchange.

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 10:48 am #138522

When we broke up he made it clear he wanted to do the pursuing if we were to get back together. I don’t want to be pushy or make him feel like less of a man. It was made clear that I would not be making any first moves until we are officially back together when we broke up. Every time he has reached out I’ve responded and even this past weekend I agreed that next time sounds great. I feel like I n

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 12:58 pm #138596

It’s hard to help you with that one. That’s not how I think and guys are not all alike. No matter what, it can’t feel like he is stringing you along.

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 2:07 pm #138603

It’s hard to help you with that one. That’s not how I think and guys are not all alike. No matter what, it can’t feel like he is stringing you along.

Thanks for your input. I don’t think that’s what he’s doing. It’s more taking his time due to the past and knowing that coming back means commitment. I’ll just have to wait and see I supposed.

worldwindwendy
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 7:41 pm #138661
    Reply To: "Date" with Ex

It seems as if your not all that interested so if he doesn’t reach out to you I’d leave the situation be….