Dated For 2 Months, She Says Not Ready For Relationship…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

foodwhiskey
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 5:53 pm #84544

So I’ve been dating this woman for about 2 months and we seemed to hit it off pretty good and got along very well each time we went out on a date. It went from hanging out 1-2 times to week to around 2-3 times a week the last couple weeks or so.

She sends me a text on the day we planned on meeting for dinner and apologizes about what she was about to mention. She says that “we never had a talk regarding a relationship” and she doesn’t know where I stand and what was on my mind. She then says she wants something serious for her next relationship….and goes on saying she has too much on her mind (she is going through some potential changes such as moving, changing jobs, etc) and says she cannot focus on a new relationship…..she said she tried but can’t and thinks it is unfair for me despite not knowing where I stand and if I cared or not. She mentions that she loves spending time with me but that she isn’t ready for a relationship yet or anytime soon.

foodwhiskey
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 5:54 pm #84545

I was quite shocked because things seemed to be going so well. We’ve connected quite well, held hands in public, kiss/cuddle and she’s met a number of my friends (they all seem to like her), along with doing numerous other “couple activities.”

That same day she sent me that text, I already had something planned out for the two of us. I clarified the concerns she had and said I was serious when pursuing a woman but I can understand what she is going through and hope she is able to get things figured out soon. I went ahead and said we can still continue with our plans just on a “friendship” level. She said she’d love to but was scared I’d feel awkward after the conversation but I said it was totally fine.

I picked her up and it seemed our interaction and vibe was already different. Throughout that time, she did cling onto my arms for a couple moments (though I can tell she was aware & stopped herself), but it was mostly a friendship vibe. Not sure if she’s testing me or not…

cginRI
    Participant
    August 23, 2015 at 2:06 pm #84590

Sounds insane lol…….She might be testing you, but you might wanna move on.

foodwhiskey
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:30 am #84546

Before dropping her off, I brought up the subject again. Then I mentioned if she would like to go somewhere else but she says she was tired…I brought up plans with other friends that I’d love her to join so she said “just let me know…” She said good night and “see you soon?” I gave her a kiss and left feeling a bit disappointed as the vibe/body language just wasn’t like it was before.

Note, I did try to get her in bed a couple days prior as we laid down watching shows from my computer.

We are both in our late 20s. I got out of a 5 year relationship last year and she got out of a 3 month one a couple months before we started seeing each other again (dated her last year for just under a month but this was right when I got out of the long term relationship and she took off because of the baggage (drama from ex…).

She texted me when she got home and said thanks for tonight and said she had a good time. I didn’t reply back until the morning.

foodwhiskey
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:30 am #84547

Then, I sent her another text clarifying things with her about my intentions and said I respect whatever decision she makes.
    Still haven’t heard back from her so I am waiting until a few days passes and trying to resist calling or texting her anytime soon (though I would love to see her…).